Search results

1. Tom K

Faucet and valve handle woes in old house

Hi there - I'm having a real challenge with some minor issues in our bathroom and could use some advice: 1. The cross handle on one of our tub faucets (see first 3 photos) is loose and repeatedly falls off the stem (chipping our tub each time it falls!). The other three faucet handles are...
  2. Tom K

Loose kitchen faucet

Great idea. I was able to slide a piece of scrap wood between the blocks and the sinks and that fixes the problem. Thanks for the advice!
  3. Tom K

Loose kitchen faucet

Thanks both. This is really helpful. Part of the problem is it’s a huge vintage cast iron sink set into built in cabinets so there’s no way to access behind the sink. And the wall in back is a chimney stack with a fireplace on the other side. From underneath the sink I can see the nipples are...
  4. Tom K

Loose kitchen faucet

Hi there. We have an American Standard exposed wall mount sink faucet 7295 series. It is installed in the built in backsplash of our vintage sink (see photo). Recently the whole faucet assembly has started pulling away from the wall and now it moves back and forth every time we turn the faucet...