Search results

1. Joe88

Questions on boiler temp and condensation

Thank you once again for the detailed response, that was very helpful. The question I’m pondering is if it makes financial sense to replace the boiler with a properly sized one. I’ll have to learn more about heat loss calculations, but 175,000 BTU seems like way too much. Regarding over sized...
  2. Joe88

Hi Dana, Thank you for your response and sorry for not replying sooner, crazy week. Let me respond to some of your points: -The house has copper baseboard as radiation. The first zone has roughly 110 feet of baseboard, and 60 feet on the 2nd zone. -The chimney is on an exterior wall, and I...
  3. Joe88

Hi everyone, Just recently bought a new house and it has an oil boiler. My last house had gas so oil is new to me. The house is 1700 so ft, the boiler is a Columbia model csfh4150wtl, and has a Honeywell 8124 aquastat. I get hot water from the boiler, I believe it’s coil based. There are 2 zones...
  4. Joe88

Few questions on shower install

Thanks for responding. Alkali resistant mesh tape and thin set were used prior to Redgard on all the seams between cbu pieces. Thinset will not adhere to the acrylic pan however, and that’s why a waterproof membrane sheet was used between the bottom cbu and pan flange to seal the gap. I am...
  5. Joe88

Few questions on shower install

Hi everyone, I have a few questions I was hoping to get feedback on regarding a shower install I’m doing. The shower installed is an acrylic pan. I used concrete backer board for the walls which sit 1/8” above the shower flange. I used Redgard for the walls and a waterproof membrane strip for...
  6. Joe88

Kohler shower base installation question

Thank you for responding. The shower is acrylic, but does seem quite sturdy compared to other acrylic bases I’ve seen. I’m still debating whether to make the mortor mounds just under the 4 feet or add some extra mounds. Seems like a one shot deal, I imagine the mortor will bond the the wood feet...
  7. Joe88

Kohler shower base installation question

Hi everyone, Had a last minute change of plans to my shower installation and I’m now going to be installing a kohler shower base. Unlike the shower I was previously planning on installing which required a level mortar base for the shower to rest on, this calls for 1” - 5” mounds of mortar under...
  8. Joe88

Shower base flex around drain

Thanks for the replies everyone and sorry for the late response, got busy with the holidays. I ended up building up the mortar bed a little higher around the subfloor hole which solved the issue, there must have been a little bit of concave around the area. One last question, I am going to apply...
  9. Joe88

Thanks for responding, that looks like the rubber gasket that sits inside the drain assembly and gets tightened to seal the drain. I do already have this on my drain assembly and it is water tight when I test it. The issue I’m having is when stepping in the shower, specifically near the drain...
  10. Joe88

Hi everyone, I’m installing a shower base for the first time I've done a tub before) and have an issue with flex around the drain assembly. I’ve leveled the floor with mortar and the shower base sits level with no squeaking when walking on it. However, when I connected the plumbing using a no...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks