Search results

1. andruesw

Sewer Smell in Top Floor Sink

Success! That totally worked! I just used a Clorox solution and no more smell. Thank you so much.
  2. andruesw

Sewer Smell in Top Floor Sink

I live in a pretty new house, but I'm definitely getting a sewer smell whenever I run water in the top floor master bath sink. (It's only the sink on my side, not my wife's.) It may have started after I installed a basement bathroom, which I tied into a vent stack--a stub coming from the...
  3. andruesw

Shower Arm Flange for Hacks?

I did a reasonable job of cutting and applying tile around my shower arm opening on the wall. Problem is, the shower arm flange that came in the kit doesn't quite cover up my flaws. If I had maybe 1/4 inch additional all around on a flange, I could cover up everything. Is there anyone who...
  4. andruesw

toilet flange questions

Thanks Appreciate the advice. Since it is indeed all plastic, are you saying don't use glue or get another flange altogether? Thanks again.
  5. andruesw

toilet flange questions

Do I Use Glue on an Inside-Fitting Flange? Good discussion. Thanks. I'm about to mount an inside fitting toilet flange into a 4" PVC drain in a slab floor. Even dry, the flange is a tight fit, so I'm worried about glue. Once I put cement on it, it seems I'll get one very brief shot to do...
  6. andruesw

Moved the trap, right?

Black Pipe Not sure what the black tubing is. Could be a French drain or something else. (Almost looks like a perforated leaching line or something up close.) I simply dug underneath it, so no, it's not connected to anything PVC-related, just obscuring the PVC in the picture. Thanks to all...
  7. andruesw

Moved the trap, right?

If you recall my old andruesw thread, I was contemplating a running trap or Rube Goldberg run to my existing p-trap for a new basement shower. I've since dug deep, removed the old p trap and run a new "unique" line to the drain. I have ensured proper elevation (quarter inch per foot), but have...
  8. andruesw

Shower Drain and P-Trap

I know there'a lots of opinion on this subject, but I'm moving my basement shower drain (2" pvc--see picture). The stub coming from the floor is the existing p-trap. I've dug an L-shaped trench and am thinking I will just offset the drain and cut into the existing trap without moving it. Is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks