Search results

1. santanaf

AC Blown Fuses at outdoor disconnect

Thanks again everyone for the input/info. My house is a very old one, 121 years old now, and some previous owners were a little less than smart when it came to maintaining it. My wife and I are renovating the entire place, one area at a time. My guess is that in the past someone had a...
  2. santanaf

Here is a quick shot of the plate from the side of the compressor. It looks like no matter what a 20 Amp is under sized. Am I correct or just badly misreading things? Should I up it to 30 since the disconnect will support it?
  3. santanaf

Jim, thanks for the note. Actually, I do notice it happening more frequently during hot times, figured as much what you said but you have helped to confirm it. I will check the voltage at the comp to see. I also think that the company doing the work is causing mini brown outs all around...
  4. santanaf

Hello all, I have my AC comp. with an outdoor disconnect (picture attached), and the darned fuses keep blowing. Have had problems on and off for a few years, every few weeks or months it would blow. They are the time delay FNR-20 fuses meant for motor protection. Well, today I've gone...
  5. santanaf

Zoeller Home Guard Water Powered Pump Illegal?

Sorry for my terminology mixup, I was thinking backflow preventer. This isn't in The Nati, but it northern OH, rural Cleveland area. So given the proper backflow preventer valve, should this not be legal?
  6. santanaf

What Material for Sleeve Through Brick?

Mortar is acidic If you are going to be doing anything with mortar to fill the hole after the pipe is run, realize that it is somewhat acidic and can corode the copper running through. Even using something like a thick cardboard cylinder (like a thick TP role almost) will protect the copper...
  7. santanaf

Zoeller Home Guard Water Powered Pump Illegal?

My father is a bit neurotic and paranoid when it comes to water infilatration and leaks throughout his house. I have fond memories as a boy of a Christmas Story like fight between he and the sump pump during a vicious thunder storm, pleading for the power to not go out. Since those days he has...
  8. santanaf

Trade Secrets & the Internet

Did someone say Chili? Speaking of being in the Cincinnati area and being sworn to secrecy. My wife's family is from The Nati, and I went to College at Miami University. Seems many years ago, way back in W-W-2, my wife's veteran grandfather, who was a pipe fitter by trade, won a game of...
  9. santanaf

Tree Roots In House Storm Drain

I have a similar situation with my clay waste line. It is a very old house, plumbing was put in around 1905. We have ivy running along the side of the garden wall (row house, small 15x100 lot), which runs along with the waste line. We had a completely clog about a year ago. I called out the...
  10. santanaf

Hydro Air Coil Pex sizing

I am installing a hydro air coil in my attic and am running Pex up. The coil has 3/4 stubs for in/out. I have 1/2" pex I will be using for my radiant flooring application, and a Taco 007 IFC circulator. Will this be sufficient for my 36,000 BTU needed or should I run a larger diameter PEX...
  11. santanaf

Pex Insulation

I am running some PEX from my basement to my attic to feed a hydro-air coil in my attic air handler. I would like to insulat the PEX as best as possible in the wall and in the attic space. The normal R2.2 foam pipe insulation seems a little weak. What sort of insulation do others like to use?
  12. santanaf

Preferred Pex Brand

Hello, I am going to be runnning some PEX in the wet wall to the attic for future use. The PEX is for the Hydro Coil that I will be installing on the attic air handler. I was planning on using Kitec IPEX. I like the aluminum core due to the shape it tends to hold. I will also be...
  13. santanaf

Supply Line Size for Rain Shower Head

Well, I just got off of the phone with the manufacturer and they confirmed what I had more or less planned. Actually, I am going to be using 3/4" copper. The 3/4" copper is slight larger than the 1/2" IPS, but the 1/2" IPS is larger than the 1/2" copper. Due to this reason they have...
  14. santanaf

Supply Line Size for Rain Shower Head

Hello, I have been posting some over at JohnBridge.com, but was recently directed here as most of my questions thus far involve plumbing and not yet tile. That being said I am in the midst of my bathroom renovation and am presently running my copper supplies. So far I have everything run...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks