Search results

1. Vincent McMahon

Best practices for drip pan connection

Hi everyone, I am putting a drip pan under my steam generator unit, which is located in a little alcove. What is the best practice to connect the 1" waste line from pan to the existing waste line in the floor? Do I I install a trap under floor, bring it thru the floor and just let the drain...
  2. Vincent McMahon

PEX connections

Hi folks. I picked up the Apollo crimp tool today. Easy to use. Question is on go-no-go check. I noticed in a couple tests, it stops at the "go line" if you test 90 deg away from where Jaws close. If you test where Jaws close, where the copper is kind of indented from the Jaws, it slides in to...
  3. Vincent McMahon

PEX connections

Thanks, everyone. I am going to do the new work with expansion, and just interface to the old work with crimp rings. Last question on this, I promise..:cool:.... Is a manual crimper easy/reliable to use, or should I pick up an electric one? I will not have a whole lot of work to do, but I have...
  4. Vincent McMahon

PEX connections

@JohnCT Thanks John, Appreciate the added comment about the age of the existing pipework. I had not thought about that.
  5. Vincent McMahon

PEX connections

Thanks @Jeff H Young @John Gayewski . Noobie Question - Can I get connectors that one side will work with the expansion tool, and the other end will work with the cinch clamp?
  6. Vincent McMahon

PEX connections

@John Gayewski That's what I am leaning toward, My one concern is I am not sure what type of pex is existing in the home. When I am interfacing with the existing piping, which I will be, I don't believe I can use the expansion rings correct? For example, one pipe is Pex A the other is, I am...
  7. Vincent McMahon

Pressure / Expansion Tank

@LLigetfa ...interesting. I have terrible water hammer. I replaced the check valve by the well, and it eased it a little, but not gone. I also have an issue with my well tank where the bladder is losing pressure. I am considering the CSV solution, as an alternative. But I guess I need to call my...
  8. Vincent McMahon

ha, no worries.. thanks
  9. Vincent McMahon

PEX connections

Hi, I am trying to figure out from all the past posts what is the best and most reliable method of connecting PEX. There are a lot of opinions. I have used sharkbite push connectors to which I have access. I also have used the Cinch stainless steel connectors behind walls. I am about to do...
  10. Vincent McMahon

@Reach4.. Lol.. are you saying it should go?
  11. Vincent McMahon

@LLigetfa @John Gayewski That's interesting, this is how it's been installed for 20 years. How does the location of the check valve lead to drawing in surface water? My wellhead/cap is in my driveway, pretty sealed, and 185 ft deep, with a submersible pump. its not in a location that ever would...
  12. Vincent McMahon

Confirmed @LLigetfa.
  13. Vincent McMahon

Thanks @John Gayewski. My only check valve is before the well tank. The cold water supply line comes from well tank supply line and does not have any valves of any type. SO i guess any expansion is forced back into the well tank?
  14. Vincent McMahon

Hi folks, I had a plumber in this morning looking at what it would take to run a dedicated cold line to feed my second floor. Right now it's a single line that feeds both floors. While he was there he said that I should have a small pressure/expansion tank on my water heater. It's a common 40 -...
  15. Vincent McMahon

CSV Experiences

I normally have seen just 3/4 copper or pex, but then again I am not out in the field daily. Looks like 1.5 " PVC feeding the water softener?
  16. Vincent McMahon

CSV Experiences

Thanks everyone for your feedback. @Brian94 Thanks for the photo I am curious about what your setup is. Do you have water running through PVC? just curious, if this is something I should consider.
  17. Vincent McMahon

Well Tank Replacement/size

@Valveman . This is very helpful overall. I am just not getting what happens when the pump is lifting 7 GPM from the well, but the house is only drawing 2 gpm for say, a shower. There is a 5 GPM difference. You're saying that as long the shower is running, the pump will run, but if the pump...
  18. Vincent McMahon

CSV Experiences

Not doubting your product, and have no problem installing it, and a hell of a lot cheaper than a reg 45 Gal tank setup. Not interested in vfd - too fancy for me. I still have to work with my local well guy for any other issues that come up. I just want to be 100% sure on which way I go.
  19. Vincent McMahon

CSV Experiences

Hi @Valveman, I appreciate your information. On this thread, I am hoping to connect independently with homeowners who have used the system
  20. Vincent McMahon

CSV Experiences

Hi folks, Looking for feedback from homeowners or DIY folks who have used a CSV Vs. the traditional pressure tank/pressure switch. Are you happy with it, or sorry you went down this road? Its not the solution that most well guys sell, but much more affordable. I have another thread going with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks