Search results

1. M

Toilet Ring

Regarding my last post concerning a suitable toilet ring for a floor mount, rear flush toilet. I got this foam ring from a specialty plumbing store in my area. Does this look like the right type of solution?? Doesn't seem like it will work properly to me, even though it does fit the toilet...
  2. M

Rear Flush Toilet

Well, my main goal was to keep the finished floor height the same. If you notice from the pics, the toilet has to mount up directly in the receiveing pipe in the wall. If too high or too low, she won't fit right. The original config was 5/8" plywood with a shitty vinyl tile (about 1/32") glued...
  3. M

Rear Flush Toilet

Special Wax Ring Oh, by the way, anyone know where to find that special wax ring mentioned above??
  4. M

Rear Flush Toilet

Securing cement board to slab I used a hammer drill with a cement bit to drill through the cement board and into the slab. Then used countersunk capcom cement screws to attach the cement board to the slab, making sure the heads of the screws sank just below the surface of the cement board...
  5. M

Rear Flush Toilet

Having a couple of issues re-setting this toilet. The new floor is tile on top of cement board on top of a concrete slab. The finished floor height is very close to what it was before (within 1/16th inch). There is no wood sub-floor. So, I need to: 1. Figure out a way to secure the toilet to...
  6. M

Condo on a concrete slab

Looks like I'll probably just use the old one then. Maybe once I clean it up and replace the tank internals, it will be OK. Since this toilet is over 25 years old, do I need to worry about any of the bowl sections 'internal' plumbing? Does that peice ever fail or begin to leak? Can I test...
  7. M

Condo on a concrete slab

Thanks for the ideas! Anything else that anyone might suggest???
  8. M

Condo on a concrete slab

Therefor all of the downstairs plumbing is in the walls and not in the sub floor (as there is none). I am remodeling the DS bath, and desperatly trying to find a NEW solution for the toilet. It must be a wall flush design. Also, idealy, the toilet would still rest on (and attach to) the floor...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks