Search results

1. Gfe76

moen single shower control

OK, guys (and gals)....just moved into new house..built in 2000. one of the baths has a moen single control shower....silver backplate with teardrop shape, clear plastic knob with gray trim, with H and C in white lettering. When water is off the point of the tear points at "12 o'clock". When...
  2. Gfe76

Large root in sewer line

Need advice. 35 yr old house in Atlanta. 2 story with basement. Lot slopes to rear of house with french doors from basement to back lawn. Basement toilet backs up. 4" cast iron drain hanging from ceiling of basement going into verticle 4" cast iron stack which goes into basement floor and...
  3. Gfe76

Blanco kitchen faucet

Blanco Harvest faucet, model 157-080-st with pull out spray. The body coming out of sink (where ceramic cartridge is located) is stiff to rotate. Can I take control lever off, unscrew large ring, lift body off and grease with plumber's grease? Is that how to get to o rings in body (not...
  4. Gfe76

fluidmaster/toilet

I have a standard toilet about 30 yrs old...it has fluidmaster "guts" that are about 5 years old. the toilet works ok, but it takes 65 sec to fill tank after flushing. I turned off water, took top off fluidmaster column, reamed column with straightened coat hanger and then turned water on/off...
  5. Gfe76

ball valve

I have an outside hot/cold faucet made by having two ball valves tied together at their exits to form one hose bib. The ball valves are exposed to the elements. These are commercial brass type valves (1/2"). Last nite here in atlanta temps got down to 25 deg. I did not turn water off to...
  6. Gfe76

moen filtered water faucet low volume

I have a moen 7100 filtered (pure touch) water faucet at sink with low volume and pressure. I have changed the filter. There is no aerator on it (doesn't come with one). Regular faucet has good pressure/volume. Is this the way these filtered faucets are designed? Is flow/pressure...
  7. Gfe76

scotsman dce33 icemaker

Was working fine, but cleaned it per manual with recommended cleaner. Now it will not make ice. It ran fine for 2 days after I cleaned it. Drain seems fine, although it is a little slow. I blew 90 psi air from end of drain pipe up into the ice bin and a little black specs came up into the...
  8. Gfe76

shower stall seat

shower is about 3' square and unfinished. When I tile can I build in a corner seat? will that work in a shower this small? thanks
  9. Gfe76

foam pipe insulation

I'm going to insulate my 1/2" cpvc in my basement. I'm using this balck rubberized foam (like armaflex). Problem is that it is not pre slit. What is the best way to slit it to get a straight line and then seal it? I thought about laying it on the floor and laying a 2x4 edge along the center...
  10. Gfe76

light in shower

Roughing in standing shower. thinking about putting a shower ceiling light in with switch right outside shower threshold. Anything special about putting a light in ceiling of shower? (I plan on having a 16" square access panel in shower ceiling to get accesss to shut off valves.) Thanks
  11. Gfe76

tile shower install

Atlanta area. Just bought home. Basement has bath with toilet and sink. i roughed in shower stall, and plumbed for shower. Put in drain with membrane and shower valve. Called one tile guy and got quote of installing tile. Stall is38" square. I will use shower curtain. Will use 12" tile...
  12. Gfe76

correct plier position

Basic question here, but what is the correct way to hold adjustable pliers (like channel locks/knipex) where the jaws are at right angle to the handle. It seems they should be held one way to tighten and the opposite way to loosen, but I'm not sure. Thoughts? TIA
  13. Gfe76

Bosch diswasher

Model #SHV66A03UC/14 About 4 yrs old. Will not pump all the water out the bottom. thanks for help.
  14. Gfe76

pipe insulation

Live in atlanta. pipes exposed in basement ceiling, mostly copper, some cpvc. I ran outside hot/cold faucets (made with ball valves and connected with copper "T" for mixing), 25' of hot/cold cpvc is run exposed in ceiling of storage area of garage that is not heated. I want to insulate...
  15. Gfe76

heat pump buzzing

Tried to search this, but no luck. Atlanta area, central Hvac, heat pumps oustide, air handlers in basement and attic. Yesterday temps around 75 and heat pump condenser "buzzing" but fan not moving. thoughts? thanks
  16. Gfe76

#12 or #14 wire

I live in atlanta. house is 4 BR with 150 amp service. oven, hotwater heater and furnace are gas; dryer is electric. I have to run several 110 outlets to garage, back patio, front porch and basement. Should I run #12 (20 amp breakers) or #14 wire(15 amp breakers). Most of these outlets...
  17. Gfe76

shower valve

I am putting in new stand up shower in bath this weekend. What is a good durable, easily repairable shower valve? Delta? Moen? Will probably get it at home depot. I've heard the plumbing supply valves are much better quality but also have heard they basically have the same "guts" as the...
  18. Gfe76

toilet tank seal

I have a toilet where the tank seal is leaking. problem is i can't find brand of toilet anywhere on it. House built in 1972 and toilet is probably original. Tank is ceramic with "pat 191-697" engraved on underside of tank cover. the refill bowl tube in tank is "built" into the wall of the...
  19. Gfe76

New svc line black PE

Live in Atlanta,GA. Will install new 1" service line with black PE 200 psi about 100 feet from street going into basment. Will bury about 16". Can I bring the PE into the basement and connect to my copper line or do I have to connect to copper from basement a few feet outside basement? What...
  20. Gfe76

shower fixture

Putting in new shower in my basement. I want a single lever control, nothing fancy, but durable and easy to maintain. I thought Delta or Moen from a plumbing supply house instead of HD or Lowes might be ok. Thoughts?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks