Search results

1. Tim Moyer

BLR Sensor Err on Buderus 2107

Any idea how to check the sensor on Buderus 2107? Is it a DIY thing, or is a pro needed?
  2. Tim Moyer

Does turning off water main cause issues with boiler?

We turned off the water main in a vacant house we own. Would doing so adversly affect an oil fired boiler than heats the baseboards throughout the home? The boiler is currently flashing an error and I plan to investigater further today when we visit the home.
  3. Tim Moyer

Orangeburg, TerraCotta, or PVC?

Our home was built in the mid-50's. Most of the homes in the neighborhood had orangeburg used for the sewer lines and have since been replaced. I purchased the home in 1994 and (finger-crossed) have never had an issue with the sewer. However, I'd like to know if orangeburg was installed...
  4. Tim Moyer

Wall screws and vent stack?

Thanks folks. Sorry, not a chimney, just the toilet vent and luckily no water lines in the wall behind the toilet, just the vent going to the roof. Thanks for the reassurance in case I accidentally drive a screw through the vent.
  5. Tim Moyer

Wall screws and vent stack?

I haven't done this yet, but I can see it happening despite my best efforts. If I accidentally drive a screw through the plastic vent behind and above the toilet that leads to the roof, would it cause any issues? The portion that might be affected does not vent any sewage, it is just a chimney...
  6. Tim Moyer

Shower faucet without plaster ground

Thanks. Thankfully, no scraping. I actually got to use the shower today after creating a temporary L-shaped shower curtain rod out of PVC and 3M mounting strips. The glass door and panels will take about 5 weeks before installation by the pros. I'm attaching some photos, because I had a tough...
  7. Tim Moyer

Here's how the trim kit looks installed. I'm pretty happy with how it looks and the distance of the handle from the escutcheon plate. Why doesn't Moen include the 7/64ths Allen wrench with a $400 trim kit? Fortunately, I had one in my tool box.
  8. Tim Moyer

Advice for shower arm installation.

Thanks Terry. I gave both a try but still had about a half turn to go. I decided to hire a pro from my hometown. For the cost of a service call, I got peace of mind that it was done correctly and know it isn't going to move at all when I need to adjust the shower head. IMHO, money well spent.
  9. Tim Moyer

Hmm...still doesn't quite line up with the extra tape. Any suggestions or tips? If I can get it hand tight to about 3:00, I'm comfortable using a screwdriver or handle of channel lock to tighten. Just not sure how to get it hand tight around the 3:00 position.
  10. Tim Moyer

I'm at the finishing touches of a shower remodel and the seemingly easiest task is giving me a bit of trouble. When installing the shower arm I can get it hand really tight to around 12:00 position (arm up). I am afraid to use a screwdriver and put too much torque on it to get it down to the...
  11. Tim Moyer

Before I cover the valve side wall with Kerdi board, do our connections to the new valve look okay (photo with colored PEX) ? I'm also including a photo of the old valve the plumber installed 15 years ago (white PEX). Hopefully, we did a little better of a job. We did test everything for...
  12. Tim Moyer

Look what my previous plumber did...is this legit? Today's project.

Hopefully we cleaned it up better than we found it. Here is a picture of the new valve we installed with integral stops.
  13. Tim Moyer

Is this vented correctly?

Yes, we have a vent pipe for the toilet and another one for the vanity and shower.
  14. Tim Moyer

Best way to remove shower pan drain?

So we were successful in cutting down the correct height of the riser pipe by using an internal pipe cutter, door jam saw and a multi-tool to make the last little shavings to make it level (4" level came in handy). We had to use the multi-tool to shave a little off the top of a floor joist...
  15. Tim Moyer

Agreed. We were discussing this very possibility while finding the correct placement of the valve. We ended up using (2) 3/4" pieces of 1x's to simulate the 1/2" kerdi board, 3/8" subway tile, + 1/8" for thinset and recessed the ground about 1/8". We connected the trim cover plate over the...
  16. Tim Moyer

Thanks for this. We tried to improve the stress on the joint where the copper and pex were joined. Although, it seemed to be okay for the last 15 years.
  17. Tim Moyer

Yes, they have been very helpful to me as well. It is indeed great to have a forum like this one and the John Bridge forum to help DIYers. I have learned plenty and very much appreciate the help and knowledge.
  18. Tim Moyer

Ok, so we only had a couple hours today, but I think we made some improvements. Feel free to tell us what we did wrong and hopefully what we did correct. Today's tasks: -Connect new pex to existing, improve the path of the pex to allow for Kerdi Board to be installed tomorrow, and drill 2"...
  19. Tim Moyer

I asked my designer (aka wife) if we had trouble get the pex around the corner if she would be ok with putting the new valve on the wall with copper and pex (this is where the original valve was when we had a neo-angle shower...hence the shortcut by the plumber 15 years ago to move it to the...
  20. Tim Moyer

Any suggestions how to run the pex lines around the inside corner, I mean the proper way, not the way the plumber did 15 years ago.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks