Search results

1. Msgale

How hard to tighten Black Iron pipe?

I have read many posts on how tight to make one inch black iron pipe, and posts where people address pro and con of tape vs. dope. Recently installing hydronic system, I had some small leaks. Variety of sources of pipe: big box stores, and plumbers supply shops. Some china, some usa...
  2. Msgale

Wog

I see this embossed on lots of valves. What does it mean?
  3. Msgale

check valve placement

can a one inch swing check valve be placed in a vertical pipe and still worK? Or do they have to be horizontal? It's for near-boiler piping, to prevent domestic hot water heater usage improperly getting hot water to the house hydronic system in summer
  4. Msgale

indirect water heater: where to purchase?

in Cincinnati, where i live,there is very little choice of indirects for sale, at least that i can find. anyone have experience with online purchase and shipping to home of something that large? which vendors?
  5. Msgale

Drain auger, problems w getting it in far enough

situation is a 4" driveway drain, clogged w/ leaves, gravel, etc. from rainfall over the entire driveway. I used a half-inch electric auger. But i cannot get it to advance very far, maybe 10 ft or so, and even that's a struggle, advancing it a couple of inches at a time. i tried both a...
  6. Msgale

Flexible CPVC pipe ok to snake in walls?

re-doing 1924 2nd floor bath, replacing original cast iron DWV, and brass supply all the way to basement. genova sells coils of flexible CPVC, but no one here seems to sell it. are there problems w it? code approval? is it reliable? it would make piping much easier if i could use flexible...
  7. Msgale

More zones wanted, no more wires

i want to add more zones/valves to my existing sprinkler system, but the wires in the underground cable bringing 24V to the various valves, are all in use. does anyone manufacture two valves that can be separately controlled via one wire? maybe ac vs. dc, or with diodes? I hate to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks