Search results

1. CablingPro

Flame next to orifice

After cleaning up the orifices and burners there are no visible obstructions, yet the right burner still has yellow flaming rolling out. See Video. I scheduled a service call for tomorrow. It looks like the local distributor can get the exchanger for this model. Question I have, what's the cost...
  2. CablingPro

Flame next to orifice

I'm going to try to remove and inspect the orifice next. The problem appears to be only with the 1st burner. The glow on the middle burner is a reflection of the yellow flame coming out of the 1st burner. I have a service call scheduled to have it diagnosed. If in fact the exchanger is...
  3. CablingPro

Flame next to orifice

Happy New Year to all. I have an older Lennox propane furnace that started to shut down this week. The rollout switch was tripped and upon further investigation it turned out that one of the burners wasn't working correctly. The flame is yellow and burning all over the box, causing the switch to...
  4. CablingPro

Low pressure with filters

Here's an update. I believe the root cause has been identified. After the water flow had almost stopped the other day we decided to run it without any cartridges in the 20' pentek housings but only with 50 mic spin-down filter (WSP-50) in line. It turned out to be that spin-down filter. Despite...
  5. CablingPro

One vendor recommended Grundfos booster pump to be installed inline at the cottage. Would a system with a small pressure tank paired with a pump be more adequate?
  6. CablingPro

Yup. The pressure keeps dropping past the filtering system. Short term, I'm going to up the pressure on the tank. Long term, I'm going to have to be looking at at pressure booster type of system be be installed in the cottage. Any recommendations?
  7. CablingPro

No question, the filtering system is the main culprit. The plumbing is about two months old, that includes 3/4 CPVC ball valves, 20" Pentek filters, etc and I don't suspect it being an issue. The last time pressure dropped in the filters yesterday it was barely noticeable at the main house but...
  8. CablingPro

I shoud have been clearer. Yes, there's a pressure tank and gravity helps too.
  9. CablingPro

Both pentek filters have been inspected and there are no obstructions. I'm going to run on spin-off 50micron filter only (both big blues w/o cartridges) and see what difference does that make. I suspect that the feed pipe between the houses is a contributing factor for sure. It's a 3/4 copper in...
  10. CablingPro

Yes, it's gravity only and it appears to be working. When I run on bypass the pressure at the cottage is a few PSI higher than at the tank before all systems at the main house.
  11. CablingPro

We have a well with a new submersible pump 1/2HP, 10gpm 62 gallon Amtrol tank set at 40/60 psi, 50 micron mesh sediment filter (iSpring WSP-50), followed by 20-inch String Wound Filter 4.5, 2.5 cuf acid neutralizing tank followed by Whirlpool 33,000-Grain Water Softener. The said system feeds...
  12. CablingPro

Seeking advice on acid neutralizer system

OK. Do you recommend a tank with gravel or vortech type? I'm told I need 2.5 cu ft. Does the size determine only how often one needs to replenish the media (calcite)?
  13. CablingPro

Correct. The surface is at 45 ft.
  14. CablingPro

My current set up is as follows: New Franklin Electric submersible pump 1/2HP, 10gpm (just installed it), 62 gallon Amtrol tank set at 40/60 psi, 50 micron mesh sediment filter (iSpring WSP-50), followed by 20-inch 30 micron String Wound Filter 4.5, Whirlpool 33,000-Grain Water Softener. I was...
  15. CablingPro

A household of three adults in SE PA. Well water with pH of 5.8 and hardness of 14.97 gpg. There’s a Whirlpool water softener and set of sediment filters: 50 and 20 micron. The current problem is water acidity causing copper plumbing corrosion. I’ve contacted several companies are I’m on the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks