Search results

1. Markts30

How to drill 2.25" hole in cinder block wall?

These work I find these work really well... http://www.boschtools.com/Products/Accessories/Pages/BoschAccessoryDetail.aspx?pid=309 But you need a rotary hammer for them...
  2. Markts30

Vent Stack vs. Stack Vent

Just a couple of concerns... Is the grey pipe SCH80 pvc? PVC and ABS tend not to glue together very well... Seems like you have many transitions in your piping...
  3. Markts30

using an overflow drain with a non-overflow sink?

This means there should be a short piece of tubing (chromed) that will act as a spacer under the bowl. It covers the holes in the tailpiece and allows the nut to tighten properly and seal the drain...
  4. Markts30

How to remove steel nipple from brass tee?

sometimes you have to use the old torch method... that and penetrating oil sometimes work....
  5. Markts30

New Tub Drain is Slooooww ?!

If it drains fine without the grid strainer on, it is probably air-locked... get a grid strainer with bigger holes...
  6. Markts30

PVC fitting failures

1st - always scew plastic into metal... never metal into plastic... 2nd - cut a pvc sched 80 nipple in half and screw it into the galvy 90. use the plain end that is sticking out to glue your pvc onto... I have never had good luck with MIP adapters in pvc if they are under any type of strain...
  7. Markts30

Testing Copper Supply Lines before hooking up

for a small system like that, I usually just turn the water on and go for it... For a larger system, we pressurize it with air and look for pressure drop and, if needed use soapy water to find leaks...
  8. Markts30

Anyway not to have to tear out further?

I would be very concerned about the toothppick the original plumber left where the floor joist used to be... He cut too much of the joist out and it will leave a very weak spot in the floor...
  9. Markts30

drain pipe slope

The old durham fittings used to have the built in slope as well...
  10. Markts30

Double Y coupling closed on top.

Here it would be legal - instead of the cap, you could also use a female threaded adapter and a plug... If low enough this would allow the fitting to be used as a cleanout or allow future tie ins...
  11. Markts30

Copper naphthenate -- where to get?

HDepot has "end cut preservative"... I think it is the same thing...
  12. Markts30

Capping off old sewer pipe inside house

The "gem" cap style will work but I prefer to use the cast iron hard caps with no-hub bands if the piping is cast and clue-on caps if plastic... The rubber ones do deteriorate and crack over time....
  13. Markts30

Shower head releases in middle of night

Do you have an expansion tank on your water heater? If you do not, it might be a thermal expansion issue...
  14. Markts30

weird laundry faucet

plastic line is a trap primer and it is used to keep the trap wet as you surmised... If you want you can install a regular faucet and just make sure you manually "prime" the trap once a week or so... Alternatively you can install an automatic primer on one of your water supply lines... The...
  15. Markts30

Toilet drain mystery

Looks like they had to chip out the concrete to fix a messed up rough in... Looks like an offset flange...
  16. Markts30

Best Deck Screws

I agree that 'robertson' head screws aare the best... I use them almost exclusively in wood if I am able...
  17. Markts30

Calcium "gravel" in water lines

work on a municipal line broke calcium buildup loose and you are just getting the benefit of this....
  18. Markts30

Lobster tub

Contact a local granite contractor - they can make a granite tub for you - epoxied together on site and gorgeous - not as porous as cement and very durable....
  19. Markts30

New Scrap Law

Arizona did something similar... New Laws for Recycling Arizona Environmental Recycling wants you to know that starting August 31, 2007, new laws go into effect regarding transactions from metal recyclers ( ARS 44-1641, ARS 44-1642, ARS 44-1643, ARS 44-1644, ARS 44-1645, ARS 44-1646, ARS...
  20. Markts30

Basement Bathroom Plumbing

I know in PHX the building dept is turning down double wyes and double combos used flat... You have to use separate wyes here....
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks