Search results

1. emanresu

He has put Caustic soda into the drain

Well, I heard tonight that he cleared it. He bought a bottle of Sulphuric Acid (sold as a outside drain cleaner) from an ironmonger or 'homeware' store. The first small drop didn't do much, maybe because it was diluted by the water sitting in the trap, so he poured some more in and just...
  2. emanresu

Thanks, I'll pass that on. Was my idea of vinegar any good (my Chemistry knowledge has been left behind in long past school days)? I was thinking of acid versus alkali.
  3. emanresu

OK, thought I start a fresh thread for this.... A friend of mine (honestly!) has put some caustic soda down his shower drain, forgot about it (!!!) and now it has solidified and water isn't shifting it. Do you know what will dissolve it? I have sugested vinegar and advised him to beware of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks