Search results

1. Coopns

Mini Split / HWH

Replaced oil burner that died with heat pumps and Rheeme Hybrid HW. A/C was great but now in MA getting cold and the electric heating bill was crazy $800, on 67. Wouldn't do it again, not enough heat and we have very open living area. I know, set it and forget it and know a bit more after...
  2. Coopns

Timer Install

The old timer went (not sure if it is old). I ordered exact replacement Intermatic T101. I still have it hooked up, I think I can do it, only 3 wires but I'm a bit concerned with it being so close to panel. See pic. As long as I shut that breaker off, should be ok right? Timer feeds in to the...
  3. Coopns

Two Piece Tub-Shower Recommendations

I would like to put a one piece tub/shower in but not sure if it will fit up the stairs, through door frame. Frame measures 29 but wonder if it would fit on an angle? If not, any recommendations for 2 piece? And are they fine, I had a quick look at HD and they look ok, they seem to have a...
  4. Coopns

Moen Valve leaks after replacement

Very old Moen shower valve. Was leaking out of handle so I took it apart and replace the cartridge. (Old cartridge was stuck in there battle to get it out). So I flushed it out, put new cartridge in and it is soooo much smother to pull handle but now there is a small drip out of the tub spout...
  5. Coopns

Outlet Connections

I am replacing an older outlet. I have two black, two white and a red. They had 2 white and 2 black around the screws then inserted the red in the back (through the small hole directly in the back of outlet). My new outlet doesn't except the red. Could I piggy the two blacks together then the...
  6. Coopns

Shopvac dead - fusible link?

ShopVac suddenly stopped. Took it apart and after some research looks like a fusible link. Do I buy that or make one? Should those two metal ends in the picture be connected? If so, how and with what. I hooked on the multimeter and it made a sound/number moved when I put a piece of copper...
  7. Coopns

2 piece or 3 shower with surrond

Need to replace the tub/shower unit. It is tiled with and old tub. Maybe not yet but would like to get it figured out first. It is the kids bath/shower upstairs. I was initially thinking about a tub with a hopefullly one piece on top. Should I buy those together or do you have to? I have...
  8. Coopns

Weak flush

Pulled off the toilet, thought it was leaking, wasn't. (2 year old can't quite make it all the way). So I put on two wax rings (flange was below floor...add PVC ext. rings...both waxed together). One had a funnel. Felt a good squish when I put it down. We have noticed though the flush is...
  9. Coopns

Roof Exhast Vent Recommendations

I have a Panosonic fan and getting the roof re shingled. I want to exhast the fan out through the roof. Any recommendations for roof vents for it? I think it needs to be insulated right?
  10. Coopns

Fridge water filter union

Had to take the door off GE Fridge. Disconnected water supply from under fridge to door (not the supply line from behind fridge). The line is clear plastic with a union. I just pulled it out with a bit of force. I tried to reconnect today and it wouldn't get tight, leaked when I turned the water...
  11. Coopns

symmond balancing spindle stuck

I installed the symmons valve and I noticed only luke warm hot water. A bit of research and I took apart the valve and the balancing spindle is stuck, I guess it should move when shaken. Any thoughts on how to get it unstuck? I tried in vinegar, not sure how are to tap it? Advice.
  12. Coopns

The best Oatey Solder / Flux?

I picked up some Oatey Lead Free wire 95 Tin/5 Antimony. Is that the correct/best stuff? The coil on the outside is blue. I am doing 1/2 copper. Is there a best solder/flux? I don't mind paying a bit extra as I don't use it often and figure it best to use. And recommendations?
  13. Coopns

Symmonds Valve - Connections to shower

I am doing an outdoor shower, I have the shut offs in the basement. I have two copper pipes outside and I want to connect to symmonds valve. What are the connection types on the symmonds valve hot cold? Male to copper 1/2? Then I sweat the copper on to that fitting? Someone mentioned be careful...
  14. Coopns

Three romex into recessed light box

I have three romex coming into one arm of the recessed light. 1 from a new recessed light, 1 from switch and 1 from not sure where. I connected all the blacks/whites/grounds to the recessed light but the light doesn't turn off when I flipped the circuit back on. When I took the existing...
  15. Coopns

Drain Maintenance

Is there any maintenance you can do for your sink/bath tub drains? I guess to prevent future clogging. I don't know, just thinking ahead.
  16. Coopns

Shower valve / mixer recommendations

I am working on an outdoor shower. Have the shutoffs installed and the hot/cold copper pipes out of the house. I am looking for a shower valve and trim kit...real basics. I saw some at HD but was 75 in store. Found these two...
  17. Coopns

Outdoor shower

In the basement I have a unused hot/cold shut off switch that was used for washer/dryer. Could I used hoses (washer hose?) to connect up and out of the house, then connect a shower valve to have an outdoor shower? I thought that might be a bit easier then plumbing it with the bends and twists in...
  18. Coopns

Central Air - Hot water

I see adds for Central Air via hot water pipes. I have baseboard forced hot water heat. Any advice/recommendations/expense? (Wasn't sure which forum)
  19. Coopns

Leaking at the basket...

This trap and basket/sink was installed this summer. Just noticed a drip at the black seal area-where there is some spots. The leak is above that black ring. Did I tighten the basket too much and squeeze all the goo out or is it not tight enough? Double sink, other one is fine. ?
  20. Coopns

Caulking around toilet?

I have one year old tile/toilet. Just cleaning last night and wondering if I should caulk around the toilet. Cleaning the floor and a bit of water obviously got under the toilet but I thought it wasn't that much and would dry so couldn't hurt too much. Let me know what I should do.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks