Search results

1. Zane Bridgers

Sediment and Sand Separation Strategies

Thank you so much for the information. As I recall, the well was developed using the compressed air method. He towed in some huge vintage air compressor and ran it for maybe a couple hours. Given the shoddy quality of some of the other work we observed, it would not surprise me in the least if...
  2. Zane Bridgers

Sediment and Sand Separation Strategies

Hello, About 5 years ago, we dropped our own 10gpm 2HP well pump 460' (thanks to the help of valveman and others on this forum) only to hit bottom before we could install the last 20' of drop pipe. Realizing we'd been shorted by the driller, we struggled to pull the pump back up about 10-15'...
  3. Zane Bridgers

Cycle Stop Valves - CSV125 vs CSV1A For Residential

I wanted to report back and say I did install the Rusco 1" Spin Down 100 mesh before the CSV. The system was working very well, and sand build up had slowly declined... until today. Unfortunately while we were out of town, our neighbor (new construction) hooked up to the water. First day back...
  4. Zane Bridgers

Pressure Relief Valve Plumbing in 2015 UPC

Hi everyone - I was wondering what the 2015 UPC mandates for plumbing from a tank water heater’s pressure relief valve? I believe this is addressed in the 2015 UPC Chapter 6 Section 608.5 Discharge Piping As I understand, a pan is no longer approved: “Discharge from a relief valve into a...
  5. Zane Bridgers

Rough In Critique

Got it! Thanks Wayne!
  6. Zane Bridgers

Rough In Critique

Yes, the pre-slope mud bed is under there, I haven't seen corner patches mentioned as a requirement elsewhere. Is this a nice to have or a must have? I folded the corners like a present so there are no cuts. Would the corner dams go in all corners or just the curb? Do you mean horizontal...
  7. Zane Bridgers

Rough In Critique

Thanks Old Timer! The slab is rough there around the penetration, but it will be stained concrete floors. Good news is we passed the inspection! He said we could have run water lines in the wall and insulated, also maybe needed an offset toilet flange, and 2" VTR here because of the cold...
  8. Zane Bridgers

Rough In Critique

Called the inspection, but in the meantime was wondering if anyone sees any red flags. PEX is holding at 80 PSI, after finding some leaking threaded fittings with soap and water.
  9. Zane Bridgers

Haha amazing! I think I've got my system figured out for the time being then! I will post some photos on your website once it's all dialed! For others interested, I'm looking at the Rusco Sediment Trapper in 100 mesh...
  10. Zane Bridgers

I must admit I am impressed. It pressurized to 143 PSI! Took a couple seconds as you said. Maybe you could refine your estimate a bit for next time ;) Will it reach pretty close to that pressure with the CSV running at 1 gpm? I'm trying to determine if a 150 PSI sediment trap will survive pre-tank.
  11. Zane Bridgers

Awesome! Thank you so much for the prompt response! I think multiple hose bibs and monitoring the pressure switch would do the trick! I will start the pump with the valve closed. I know a minimum run time of 1 minute is recommended for the motor, but for just this once I think it will survive...
  12. Zane Bridgers

I checked another install in the area and found liquidtight with individual THHN conductors, so I went with the same. I have a question about the pressure tank with/without the CSV. If I am running a hose bib wide open, will the pump constantly cycle filling and emptying the tank? I would...
  13. Zane Bridgers

A sump pump is a good idea. I could tee the pressure release valve into the same pipe that runs outside. Some type of float switch or alarm, while a bit more complicated, might also be a good idea too. The biggest float switches I see are 25A, but that should be ample for the 2HP Pump even...
  14. Zane Bridgers

Cleanout Confusion

Thanks guys! Sounds like a good plan. The UPC requires 12" of clearance for 2" and less cleanouts. Would a washing machine closer than 12" count as an obstruction even though it can be moved?
  15. Zane Bridgers

Awesome - thanks Reach! Yeah, it's actually a well vault 130' from the house and has it's own separate meter since it will be a well share. So yes, the subpanel w/ 30amp breaker, pressure switch and pump controller are all underground in the vault within 3' of each other. Looking at the...
  16. Zane Bridgers

Fair enough! It does make sense that it's less strain than pushing 10gpm 400' up. I take it this is a wise thing to do now before it's all plumbed to know the maximum PSI the system can put out? Is 60 seconds how long it will take to build that pressure or will say 30 seconds work? On another...
  17. Zane Bridgers

That would totally stress me out haha. Part of my motivation to get the pressure tank plumbed is to avoid accidentally dead heading the pump. That said I could definitely throw a 200 psi gauge there and run the CSV near it’s minimum to get a real world number. Would be better than nothing...
  18. Zane Bridgers

Cleanout Confusion

Thanks guys! I realized after posting that it would have to be 2”, so no problem to reduce after the c/o. Under works too. I figured putting it above meant if the santee ever clogged you could snake that too. I take it that doesn’t happen much. Even if it’s a luxury I don’t mind adding...
  19. Zane Bridgers

Cleanout Confusion

Here is a specific situation where I would love some input. This is the kitchen sink drain/trap arm. Which of these red circles would be the optimal cleanout placement? 1. Above the santee in the 1-1/2 vent pipe 2. A wye directly off the santee 3. Extending off the end of the trap arm
  20. Zane Bridgers

That’s a good idea! Would be peace of mind if nothing else. I haven’t checked the static level since the well was drilled, but we did it and our driller did it with us and we got the same number.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks