Search results

1. J

Thermostat Help

Thanks Drick! Shortly after I posted this I called an electrician my wife knows from work and sent him the same pics. He gave me the exact same advice and it worked. Thanks everyone!
  2. J

Thermostat Help

I am installing a Honeywell RLV430 thermostats for my electric baseboard heat in the basement and in the living room. The old thermostat in the basement had two wires and the bare ground wire. I hooked the two wires up and the heat works fine, though there was no place to connect the bare...
  3. J

Septic/Leachfield Woes

dup post...
  4. J

Septic/Leachfield Woes

HOOORAH! Yes, I am happy! The sewer guy (Al) came by again and I showed him how the water ran back from the baffle.. Then I showed him where I dug out the line to the elbow (second pic). He gave the elbow a stiff kick and pop, out it came. Dry as a bone.. It looked like water had not been...
  5. J

Septic/Leachfield Woes

So the septic backed into the house we just moved into a couple weeks ago. After a search we found the septic (that was nowhere near where it said it was on the survey) by digging around until dirty water began bubbling up. We had it pumped out as it was obviously full beyond the top...
  6. J

Thanks Everyone Here! Remodeling FINISHED!

Funny, I felt the same way after I took the old shower out. :D
  7. J

Thanks, I hope I never have to clean something like that again in my lifetime, but the remodeling itself was a lot of fun.
  8. J

I have been remodeling an apartment for what seemed to be forever and asked many questions on many forums when I needed help. Now that I have some time, I have been going back to the helpful ones and posting the final result and saying thanks. I would like to thank those who were helpful...
  9. J

Replacing Closet Flange

I am assuming you mean one of these: Another problem with this is the flange is seated below the level of tile. In otherwords, as it stands now, it would be impossible to put the ring around the pipe itself. Would it really be an issue if the flange ring was a half inch/inch above the...
  10. J

Replacing Closet Flange

I am a complete newb on plumbing. Could you elaborate a bit? Bolts together? Bolt to what?
  11. J

Replacing Closet Flange

There is a basement.
  12. J

Replacing Closet Flange

Anyone have any ideas?
  13. J

Replacing Closet Flange

Here is an image of what I am working with here: Is there any way just to add the flange ring to this so I can bolt down the toilet (without leaking), or is it a must that I rip/cut this out and put in a new flange?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks