Search results

1. Riosman

ABS plastic and concrete

can ABS touch concrete?
  2. Riosman

Galv pipe vs balck iron/ teflon tape

Two questions 1. The inspector said to never to use teflon tape on gas pipe. Use dope. He stated never to use teflon tape on pipe threads True? 2. Gas pipe under a raised floor: Galvanzed or black iron?
  3. Riosman

Air admittance valves

I would have used the valve in the island I'm building but local codes will not allow it. The valve is not allowed in my county yet you can buy it anywhere. Must be in alot of homes around here.
  4. Riosman

Clean out threaded cap ABS leak

The wax worked thanks for the help
  5. Riosman

The bowl wax method only uses the wax ? No tape, no paste Hopefully no probem... I will try it tomorrow
  6. Riosman

What is bowl wax? Is it the wax donut used to seal the toilet?
  7. Riosman

I used "teflon enriched pipe thread sealent" "Tplus 2" Is teflon paste different? I never tried the sealent alone I used it with teflon tape.
  8. Riosman

I have two clean out thread caps leaking when I test the drain system by filling it up at the top of the vent. I have tried Teflon tape then teflon tape with thread seal for ABS pipe. The leak is a drop per hour or less. This will be inspected. I dont know how critical it is What other...
  9. Riosman

Black iron

Well, I like the idea of having someone else crawl under and route the pipe. I would request it be done in iron pipe. I had similar work done one time before with good results. I was concerned watching a running nose kid do the work. Yes he was lincenced and insured. He had to go to HD...
  10. Riosman

Black iron

Is installing about 20 feet of black iron pipe for a liquid propane gas range too much for a homeownwer to do? I'm adding on a 480 sq foot kitchen. So far I have done it all. Grading, foundation, framing, roof, shearwall, siding, electrical, drain, copper tubing (hot and cold) Should I...
  11. Riosman

Repairing Copper Sweat Joints

Repairing copper joints I would cut it out if water was in the tube. I'm not a profession but have repaired and sweated on many times. Watched my Dad go thru the pain of learning as well. My mistake when learning. Over heating the tube during the sweat Riosman
  12. Riosman

Hanging copper tubing

I found some plastic hangers at HD. I will install them and remove the galv straps Riosman
  13. Riosman

Fitting copper tubing

It might be an hour after adding the flux before soldering. I did the job in sections before crawling under the house. I found it easier to work above the floor as much as possible. This was my first big undertaking in regards to soldering fittings. I’m adding 480 square feet to the house. Big...
  14. Riosman

Hanging or anchoring copper tubing

I have new 3/4 tubing suspended under a raised floor using metal plumbers tape. There is plenty of room to work under the floor. In some areas I can anchor the tubing directly against the bottom of the floor joist. Other tubing needs to have a gap between the floor joists. What are the...
  15. Riosman

Hanging copper tubing

The tubing is routed under a raised floor. I have it suspended using metal tape. I would like to know what is the best method for securing the tubing to the bottom of the floor joist.
  16. Riosman

Fitting copper tubing

Type L is what I have been using. I'm finished with all of the 3/4. I have a little 1/2 to do. If the fitting looks like it will go on I found it best to add the flux and push it home. Good chance it will not come off again without a struggle. I found the flux doesnt help much is slippng the...
  17. Riosman

Fitting copper tubing

I'm just about done with running the water lines for a new kitchen. I used 7 3/4 x10' tubes. All had the same issues. The 1/2 tube is more of a problem. I tried the ez sweat fittings and found them to be more trouble fitting onto the tube. I was surprized at the time used to fit the tube and...
  18. Riosman

Fitting copper tubing

I am a newbie and have been fitting the copper tubes with elbows and t's by using the emory cloth method. I clean up with wirebrush bristle to polish, smooth. The problem is it takes too long to fit the joints together. In some cases if too tight the fitting never comes apart. I think...
  19. Riosman

Loop vent question: waste connection

For the foot vent cleanout above the floor can a San tee be used? The reason is to have as short as possible extension going horz out of the wall. I would prefer a combo at the horz to vertical turn with a cleanout but this would be 2" below the subfloor which violates the above the floor rule...
  20. Riosman

Loop vent question: waste connection

The foot vent connects to the loop return above the drain just as shown in the picture. I changed the course of the foot vent so it doesnt run in the same direction as the waste drain in order to avoid floor joists. I also took the shortest route to the nearest wall.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks