Search results

1. P

Brass pipe has same OD as 1/2"copper coupling

There's a little bit of play in the sink & when you lean on it, it always caused a 'slight' bit of stress to that joint. It took 40 years of 'slight' stress to finally break ... for the record. Yes, I tried to unscrew it to no avail - was afraid that I was turning too hard the wrong way. So...
  2. P

Yes the threaded end of the brass pipe completely broke off inside the elbow and there is nothing left of it on the brass pipe(maybe a turn or two). The OD of the now threadless brass pipe (with an OD the same as a 1/2" coupling) needs to be mated to ..... or the wall has to be cut open & the...
  3. P

I had a break in the upstairs bathroom cold water supply line. The old brass pipe coming out of the wall has an OD exactly the same as a 1/2" copper coupling. The brass pipe was threaded & screwed into an elbow & it has broken off there at that union - most likely from people leaning on the sink...
  4. P

Pump not shutting off .........

I mean the water looks like normal water. I was thinking if the well was low the water might start to attain a brown tinge to it - which is clearly not the case. The pressure gauge reaches 40 and stops and holds as the pump does it's thing , however if I drain water it lowers accordingly ... so...
  5. P

It's a Gould Pump J05N - attached to the motor. There appears to be no leak as the pressure gauge holds at 40 psi and plenty of normal colored water ... it has been very dry here so that may well (no pun intended) be the reason. As I had mentioned the condition had gotten...
  6. P

Pump not shutting off ............ Before I call the plumber, just thought I'd run the symptoms by the experts here! :D The pump has been taking longer & longer(minutes of time) to reach shutoff pressure over the last week. Today it will not shutoff at all, although the gauge is showing...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks