Search results

1. donmoore1904

Installing toilets over wood flooring

The floor surface right now is the uinderlayment that the tile was attached to before it was chipped away. The underlayment is in pretty good shape, and I was going to level the few places that a ply or two came up. HBer is the layout: w=wall x=tub deck f=floor t=toilet...
  2. donmoore1904

Washcloth went down the hopper

Well, my point is that with a septic tank you are always careful about certain things - for example, you don't send excess fat from cooking down the pipes. If you had city sewer, you could pretty much flush anything you wanted without fear for sending it into your own ground or blocking your...
  3. donmoore1904

Thanks for the quick response. Actually, that is what surprised me. Another family member told me they had intentionally put it there (what a silly, silly thing to do for people with 40+ years experience having a septic tank!) and I should remove it:eek: or leave it until they returned. I...
  4. donmoore1904

Installing toilets over wood flooring

Is toilet over engineered floor a no-no? I have spent months completely remodeling a bathroom. Moving next to the floor, which is supposed to be a floating floor of the snap and glue stuff. I was going to run it under the toilet edge. I hadn't thought of complications vs stationary floor. I...
  5. donmoore1904

I'll spare the reason, but a 100% cotton washcloth was flushed down our toilet today. We have a septic system, with a 3 yr old concrete tank. I specify that because we had a 52 yr old metal tank with disintegrated baffles prior. Tank leads into a few original perforated pipes. I guess that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks