Search results

1. Devans175

Heat Pump - Bryant vs Goodman

My Carrier heat pump needs to be replaced. I'm looking for a system that is fairly quiet because of the location of the outdoor unit. I also want a 2 stage system. They seem to be quieter, at least most of the time when they're in the first stage. The system will serve the first floor of my...
  2. Devans175

Softener system, What is this and what do I do with it :)?

One last question. What calcite supplier would you use. I was getting it from Northeastern Supply for years. They changed their supplier and the new media was a disaster. The backflow washed the media into my sewer lines and clogged them. It was a mess. I assumed it was because the media...
  3. Devans175

OK. I found the manual. It seems to explain the softener function, but not the acid neutralizer side. Probably not important, though. I had a fleck neutralizer at my old house, but it had digital controls. This is going to take some getting used to.
  4. Devans175

Thanks Reach, but why is there a reference to salt on the Little Tank Label? Is it an acid Neutralizer and a softener? Does salt go into the black box/tank on the right? ..and calcite is the big tank on the left?
  5. Devans175

Hello All! We just moved into a new home and there is what I think is a water softener system. My previous home had an acid neutralizer that looked somewhat similar. I installed it myself with the help of this forum many years ago. I guess my questions are, how does it work and what do I...
  6. Devans175

60 Amp sub panel - conductor size

Hello! I'm building a pole barn and I want to run electric to it for a small workshop. A 60 amp sub panel will be adequate. I plan to hire an electrician to install the panel, but probably not until next year due to cost overruns. I'm outa money. I'd like to put in conduit and the conductors...
  7. Devans175

Heat Pump Options - Through wall compressor

I'm restricted by my condo association, so the unit must be the same style as the photo. Are there any high efficiency heat pumps that are made to replace this type of unit?
  8. Devans175

Cooktop Conection

Cooktop Connection I'm just confusted about which is the neutral and which is the ground.. or does it matter??? They both have neutrals and grounds...
  9. Devans175

Cooktop Conection

Im installing an electric cooktop. The existing conductors from the panel are red, black and white 8 AWG. The white is connected to the ground/neutral bar in the main panel. The neutrals and grounds from all the other circuits are mixed between two neutral/ground bars. The new cooktop only...
  10. Devans175

Pioneer Mult Split - Anyone familiar?

I had my finger on the trigger to purchase an LG Dual Zone Multi-split Heat pump when I came across a Pioneer system for half the price. The Pioneer has a 16 SEER rating which is a little low compared to the other systems (I've looked at LG, Daikin and Mitsubishi as recomended here) Does...
  11. Devans175

Old Heat Pump - New Options??

Oh.. I see. Daikin doesn't offer a multi zone Quaternity. I wonder if they're working on that. I was wondering why your previous post recomended the single zone with the 9000 BTU head. I'd actually prefer a two zone. The addition and the basement location are close to each other. I'll...
  12. Devans175

I found some really good info on the sound levels of the systems you recomended. Daikin 37/25/22 dBA Fujitsu 40/36/31/26 Mitsubishi 42/40/31/22 LG 38/33/24 The Daikin holds up with the others on sound, and has the ability to dehumidify in both heating & cooling modes, which the others...
  13. Devans175

Thanks Again Dana. I was considering the LGs because they described a feature called "Advanced INVERTER technology" which they claim provides energy efficient, variable output capacity. I found some info on the Daikins. It sounds like they do have some advantages over the others. The prices...
  14. Devans175

Thank You all for the detailed input! Dana, the addition does leak like a seive and there are some very large double pane windows. I've been working on the leaks. It's also build on an unconditioned crawl space which adds to the draftiness. Poor construction really, but I'll work it out and...
  15. Devans175

I think I'm sold on the ductless system. Incidentaly, it is the most common form of climate control in my current location (Bagram Afghanistan) We call them Chigos, because that's the main brand you see over here. That should be somewhat encouraging to potential buyers, since the conditions...
  16. Devans175

I was afraid of that. It's probably best to replace them both anyway. The old system was put together pretty pooly. If I do go with the heat pump option, is there a good option for suplemental heat.. is there such a thing as a "High Efficiency" electric baseboard?
  17. Devans175

I'm familiar with the split units, I like them and I will definitly consider them. The one place I think they fall short is that they don't move the air around as much. I like the idea of turning the air over in the basement, which is all below grade.
  18. Devans175

I live in Maryland. I own a large rancher. Most of the main floor is heated by a hot water boiler. I also have a 12x30 addition that is heated and cooled by a heat pump. The heat pump also has a 10 inch return and 2 6 inch supply ducts running to the basement. This set-up has done a good...
  19. Devans175

Heat Pump - Cut off compressor at certain temperature?

Is there any logic to setting a heat pump to run strictly on emergency heat when the outside temperature drops below a certain temperature? I had a a minor repair done and the technician suggested that I might want to install a device that would, in effect, disable the outside compressor when...
  20. Devans175

Well Tank Type / Size

I tested my flow rate according to instructions I got when I purchased my acid neutralizer. It's 4 GPM. The fittings are where I'm running into problems. The calcite/corosex neutralizer I settled on and purchased instructs you to install it after the tank, thus leaving the tank vulnerable...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks