Search results

1. Mark H.

Toto Soiree and Guinevere toilet review and comments

Soiree Arrived! Hi Steve, My Soiree just arrived, 10 weeks after ordering it! The plumber came out, but he will have to drill holes in our concrete slab to place new mounting bolts (the Soiree is replacing an American Standard Plebe), so he has rescheduled for tomorrow morning. I will...
  2. Mark H.

Need Help From a Real Person Who Isn't Trying to Sell Me Something!

Hi JB, No one here will try to sell you anything. It seems that the majority of professionals and non-professionals here prefer Toto toilets for their performance. Prices for the well rated one-piece Toto Ultramax, for instance, run between $375 for a standard height round model, and about...
  3. Mark H.

Toilet Wax/Teflon

I just read the Teflon thread and recall reading here about waxing the inside of the bowl. What type of wax works best in your experience? For instance, automotive wax usually contains abrasives, so I assume that wouldn't work. Are we talking about furniture wax? Also -- and forgive me if this...
  4. Mark H.

Should I install mixer valve? sweating toilet

Hi Molo, You can vent through the wall, but it might be noisy since you'd be creating a hole to the outdoors and your air pump would be right there on the other side of the wall. Perhaps that's not the best solution. I think you're back to warming your inlet water. :( Jim, I don't...
  5. Mark H.

Should I install mixer valve? sweating toilet

This may or may not be of any help. Indoor condensation (and therefore mold) is a huge issue for homeowners in our area, although our summer temperatures are usually in the mid-60s and rarely reach 80 degrees. One of the things that helped us a lot was to install "real" air exhaust systems in...
  6. Mark H.

The Maximum Performance (MaP) Test

One of the studies cited in the MaP document states, "The size of individual stools varied even more, often tenfold or more. There were no significant differences between males and females...." I'm not sure I wanted to know that. Perhaps the MaP results are best for assessing the low end of...
  7. Mark H.

Toto Soiree and Guinevere toilet review and comments

Toto Soiree [EDITED 9/22/06] I just ordered the Toto Soiree CFG today. We have a two-piece, G-Max, ADA compliant Toto at the office, and it is "just OK" in my opinion, because it does not clean the bowl adequately. Here's why I went with the Soiree: 1.) The wider footprint of the skirted...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks