Search results

1. Lloyd Parlee

Asbestos pipe wrap?

Oh my goodness. That’s not funny but made me laugh. I needed that. Thanks. Was feeling kinda low about the risks of this job.
  2. Lloyd Parlee

Asbestos pipe wrap?

Thanks, it didn’t look like the typical corrugated wrap I’m used to seeing but wondered if someone with more experience recognized it. I masked up just to be safe. Always makes me wonder how many times over the years I didn’t notice it or was to inexperienced to know better.
  3. Lloyd Parlee

Asbestos pipe wrap?

Any help with identifying this pipe wrap if it has asbestos in it. I know it’s best to just test it.
  4. Lloyd Parlee

Extended Cab Small Parts Storage.

Small remodels and service work. I’m just a one man show. Some days I wish I bought a 10-12’ SRW box truck, especially on rainy days but this one came along at a good price... it’s a comfortable drive. Should have been a electrician, all they need is a Phillips screwdriver
  5. Lloyd Parlee

Extended Cab Small Parts Storage.

Got a new truck, downsized from a 16’ dually box truck that I hated to drive. Thought I’d share my extended cab parts bins if anyone was interested. Not a carpenter as you can tell but it’s worked out well.
  6. Lloyd Parlee

Almost $3000 50G NG Water Heater Swap

I think the inspectors here are just untrained or don’t care. I’ve seen some pretty wild things pass inspection. I think I did see a hustle in progress in a rural county though. It involved a meter getting unlocked after a fire By the county, a waterline sliced clean in half just after the meter...
  7. Lloyd Parlee

Almost $3000 50G NG Water Heater Swap

Saw this the other day. Installed 3 months prior. Kind of speechless. You can charge whatever you want, but it better not leak at $3G (it did) SW VA Inspected (passed) by the county Saw the receipts: Water heater install (6 year BW) $2200 Expansion tank $650 Permit$150 They threw in a $150...
  8. Lloyd Parlee

American Standard Ultra Font, Help ID this faucet.

Home inspector thought so too, seems to be wholly intact. Found other examples of it online but no information (except people laughing at them on Reddit)
  9. Lloyd Parlee

Pretty good. I told the homeowner it should have been called The Choad, I think I misread the room, he didn't find it funny.
  10. Lloyd Parlee

Any idea what this atrocity is? It has a built in regulator/PRV, works great till there's air in the lines then it shoots you right in the face.
  11. Lloyd Parlee

Water Filtration Education

That escalated quickly...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks