Search results

1. Amopower

Air entering well line

I bought a soil probe and actually found the well, without tearing up my yard, that was pretty cool. I took a picture of the fitting that converts the two 1 1/4 inch pipes down into a 2 inch I think well pipe. As you can see the fitting is very corroded so I don't even know what this is called...
  2. Amopower

Air entering well line

Hi all, I recently replaced my well pump (used for irrigation only), with an exact replacement. (Flint & Walling 3/4hp, jet pump). I just bought this house and apparently the previous owner had not run the irrigation for at least ten years. Since the pump looked like it was at the end of its...
  3. Amopower

GFCI for jetted tub

Since a jetted tub requires a GFCI receptacle, can I just put in a GFCI breaker instead? Wouldn't they serve the same purpose, or is it important that the GFCI be at the receptacle, closer to the actual appliance using it?
  4. Amopower

furnace not keeping up

It seems that my furnace is not kicking on when I think it should, it is colder in here than I have it set. I seem to be able to "jump start" it by turning the emergency switch off and then on. At that point, the furnace will turn on and do its thing - blow air for about 3-5 min or so, then turn...
  5. Amopower

pump for random use

Thanks, I bought a foot valve and reinforced garden hose, and it seemed to help. I have the timer running 3 times a day for half an hour. It loses its prime every so often (could go Ok for days, then stop one day), so I'm thinking the distance is a factor now. I'd say the pump is about 50' from...
  6. Amopower

pump for random use

Are there any pumps out there that would be good for automating their on and off with an electric timer, in particular, is there one out there that when primed one time, will be good forever after no matter how many times it is turned back off or on? Mine seems to lose its prime as soon as I...
  7. Amopower

Water lawn from lake

Live Virginia. I was going to hook up the pump directly to lawn sprinklers. I'd probably run a 1" line in the lake, and then have it tee off into maybe three sprinklers.
  8. Amopower

Water lawn from lake

I was thinking I could plug the pump into one of those electronic timers that you can set (i already have an outdoor one). So basically, the timer would turn the electricity on to the pump, which would then start pumping water to I'd say about 3 sprinklers. I'd probably run them around 2-3 times...
  9. Amopower

Water lawn from lake

Do you guys think it is cheaper to pay for water to water your lawn, or cheaper to pay the electicity to run an electric pump to siphon water from a nearby lake to water the lawn? I'm not asking for any negative comments here, just the facts. I suppose I could do the math to figure it out...
  10. Amopower

New kitchen sink

Yeah I saw some prices of those Whirlaways online, and they are like $40. I was surprised, I think the lowest price for a decent disposer is at least $100 or more. Well so far it's been fine, but thats the kind of crap you get when builders are making a house. So why wouldnt you have used the...
  11. Amopower

New kitchen sink

Thanks, got it. Sink is installed, I had to cut about an inch from the right side vertical drain pipe. I think since the drain is now an inch closer to the p-trap, I am now seeing gurgling in the other drain when I run the disposal. O well, life goes on.
  12. Amopower

New kitchen sink

Oh man now I am stuck on the garbage disposal. I have a Whirlaway. I cantr figure out how to separate it from the sink. I loosened the large plastic nut that attached it to the sink, but i cant figure out which part to turn now to separate them. Ive been looking at installation giudes but most...
  13. Amopower

New kitchen sink

Thanks for the advice. I used the putty knife all the way around the sink and once I broke the entire seal, it snapped out of place and is loose now. I sharpened the putty knife edge to make it pretty thin, worked well, no damage.
  14. Amopower

New kitchen sink

I seem to be stuck at the point where I'm trying to get the old sink out. I guess it was held in place with caulking or silicone. Is there a safe way to do this without either breaking the counter, or having laminate rip off in the process? I tried to use brute force with two hands underneath...
  15. Amopower

New kitchen sink

Thanks guys. What sorts of things would you disconnect below the sink when making the swap...the horizontal pipe going from the disposal to the drain...and then the smaller line on the disposal that looks like it is held on with a metal clamp..and then the topmost plastic nut on the right hand...
  16. Amopower

New kitchen sink

Here it is...by the looks of things, I bet all i may need to do is trim an inch off that vertical tee. Basically that whole chunk needs to move down an inch and it looks like I got enough leeway with that Tee. sound about right?
  17. Amopower

New kitchen sink

I'm going to replace my double basin kitchen sink soon, and was wondering if there were any pitfalls to watch out for...I will get the same size sink length by width, but I think my sink has a depth of 6 or 7" and the one I want is 8". Will I run into plumbing problems with the disposal and...
  18. Amopower

Need advice re Kitchen Water Pressure

Would the Delta 474-MC give the great pressure you describe above too? It looks a little pricier but is a little bigger so I'd prefer that one.
  19. Amopower

High flow kitchen faucet

I noticed the flow is less if I am on full hot or full cold. In the middle is the best flow. I suppose that is normal behavior though.
  20. Amopower

High flow kitchen faucet

I just want a stronger flow rate. If I am filling up a gallon jug or a large pot, I don't want to have to wait forever. If the flow is too fast, I'd rather have the power to turn the handle down a little, than to be stuck with a maximum rate. I read though that there is a 2.2GPM limit on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks