Search results

1. Sobershea

Ultramax Fill Valve Problem

The Plumber just left and we have the Korky unit installed!! Now my Toto is back to normal!! Thank you all!!
  2. Sobershea

Thank you for the info. Can you tell me what a 1.28 means? And the model # of the Korky. The plumber is coming Monday to adjust the water and I want to tell him what part to get. Not only is there low water, it is very loud. My other Toto is quiet in comparison. PS just looked online and our...
  3. Sobershea

We have a 10 year old Toto Ultramax. Model MS854114SL. The fill valve was just replaced by a plumber with a green Toto branded #528 fill valve. After the plumber left I realized the water level in the bowl is a good 1-1 1/2 inches too low (below the water line). I do not see any way to adjust...
  4. Sobershea

Faucet Connection Size

Thanks for all the input. Faucet is ordered. Thanks again!
  5. Sobershea

Faucet Connection Size

A review on the kitchen faucet I am interested in stated that "The water lines on this faucet are smaller than my existing faucet, so my water pressure has diminished considerably." The specifications on the faucet list a "Connection size" of 3/8" Compression. If I hadn't read the review I would...
  6. Sobershea

Does a septic tank and well water affect the type of toilet I buy?

Thanks for the quick response. Can you tell me why elongated? I have elongated and I love it but wonder why you feel it better for the elderly?
  7. Sobershea

Does a septic tank and well water affect the type of toilet I buy?

We are installing ADA toilets in my sisters house so our Mom can move in with her. I have a couple of questions::confused: Does being on a well and or having a septic tank determine which toilet we buy? Do either affect the performance? Is elongated better/worse for an elderly person? If...
  8. Sobershea

Tallest ADA toilet?

My sister is replacing her toilets with ADA toilets since our Mom is going to live with her. My question is what is the tallest ADA toilet? I have a TOTO and it is 17 at the bowl and 18.25 with the seat. Are there any that are taller? Thanks. Sherry
  9. Sobershea

Remove or Replace Toto Soft Close Lid?

Our 2-year old soft close lid has lost it's soft close ability and in searching this forum it seems as if all we can do is replace the lid. It seems 2 years is a short period of time for it to work. Or is that pretty normal? I've never removed the seat and just thought maybe removing/replacing...
  10. Sobershea

Updating Very Old System Timer

Thanks for the information Wet_Boots. I looked up the Hunter and found a local distributor. I will contact them after the holiday. I like the idea of the remote. Just the "tune-up" the old system needs. :D Thanks again. Sherry
  11. Sobershea

Updating Very Old System Timer

Does anyone know if I can buy/use a new sprinkler system timer for a very old system? Our sprinkler system was installed in 1991 with a Weathermatic timer. I would like to get a new timer with more programming options. I would like to be able to select a pre-set program and have only that...
  12. Sobershea

Drain Cleaner & Fixture Finishes

Useless Drain Cleaners /was Drain Cleaners & Fixture Finishes I have heard that - but I have never been able to find out what to use. A plumber once told me to use bleach once a week... do you think that is better than a draino-type product? What do plumbers use in their own homes to keep...
  13. Sobershea

Drain Cleaner & Fixture Finishes

Does anyone know if Draino-type products will harm finishes like brushed nickel? I usually use a product like this once a month - or when the tub drain seems slow. My new tub will have brushed nickel so what will I be able to use to keep the drain moving freely? Thanks. Ps. Yes, I have...
  14. Sobershea

Heated Seat?

Does Toto have a heated toilet seat that works with the Ultramax? And if not, do you think I will be able to use the heated seat from Kohler http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/detail.jsp?from=thumb&frm=null&module=Toilet+Seats&item=290002&prod_num=4649&section=2&category=14 on the Ultramax...
  15. Sobershea

Tub Surround vs. Tile

The thing that bothers me about Sterling is that I can't touch/feel it. I don't want to make that kind of investment just looking in a catalog. I need to know how thick it is - I know what the surrounds are like at Home Depot etc. and they are flimsy at best. The Best surround is a good inch...
  16. Sobershea

Tub Surround vs. Tile

We are preparing to remodel our main bathroom and THOUGHT we wanted to get a tub surround so we wouldn't have to deal with grout/caulk issues. Initially we had decided on a Best Bath System http://www.best-bath.com/Gallery/Gallery.htm then we started wondering about the Sterling by Kohler. We...
  17. Sobershea

The Perfect Toilet

The Plymouth and Supreme are Power Gravity rather than G-Max... So, how would you prioritize the "options" available from Toto? Would the flush type be most important? Should I opt for G-Max over PG and then select a model? I've not read alot about Power Gravity..
  18. Sobershea

The Perfect Toilet

The bathroom is very small [10*5] and the vanity is right next to the toilet - and in my minds eye it seems if I add 1.5" to the toilet it would look out of place. Then again I suppose we would get used to the look after a bit. And it would be good for the future - my mil had one of those riser...
  19. Sobershea

The Perfect Toilet

Hmmm... Guess since I've not had one I was sticking with what I knew. But tell me why would I want the elongated? :confused:
  20. Sobershea

The Perfect Toilet

Could you please elaborate why it is a must - I didn't want the elongated bowl but now am rethinking if I am missing out on a must. TIA
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks