Search results

1. suzyq2626

Drain Vent Stack Tee Sheared Completely

Nobody has worked on the kitchen drain in at least the last 5 years, as that is how long we've lived here and no one has touched it. The vent stack attached to the drain was worked on 4 years ago when the roof flashing was replaced. The roof flashing is located approximately 8 feet above the...
  2. suzyq2626

So maybe the vent stack is strapped to the wall, and the horizontal drain run is only running through holes in each stud, therefore there is some movement allowed. We tested the vent stack movement, and when rotating and moving the vent pipe from inside the kitchen wall, it moves up/down...
  3. suzyq2626

The break was not at the connection point between pipe and tee fitting, but within the fitting where the horizontal part of the Tee connects to the vertical part. The tee also was not free or loose at all from the pipes. Thanks for your suggestions.
  4. suzyq2626

We don't have earthquakes in our area generally. Had a very minor 4.0 earlier this year, but the leak has been occurring since way before that. I suppose the wood studs movement could be a cause, though the house is 17 years old. What are your thoughts on the roofing work at the vent flashing...
  5. suzyq2626

I have just discovered a leak in my exterior wall that has been going on for who knows how long. The source has been found at the Tee fitting where my kitchen sink meets the Vent/Drain Stack in the wall. The Tee fitting was completely sheared where the horizontal pipe meets the vertical...
  6. suzyq2626

Frozen Pipe??? but wall is insulated...

Thanks for the suggestions. We've been running a space heater in that room, running on a thermostat, and the pipes are still freezing. The pipes are not easily accessible; wall panelling would have to be removed completely on both walls. Any other suggestions?
  7. suzyq2626

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of putting a space heater in there. And I suppose I could disconnect the hose to the washer and let it drip into a bucket. We live around Detroit, MI; so not too cold usually. So, basically, sounds like opening up the walls and adding insulation won't...
  8. suzyq2626

I have a small laundry room addition off the side of my house. 3 walls of the room are outside walls, and the room is open underneath to the outside (2 pilasters for foundation, no crawlspace or basement). So needless to say, it is very exposed to wind. Also the room is not heated, but we keep...
  9. suzyq2626

Washer Waste Drain Slope

I am currently trying to install a washer and dryer into a room off the side of my house, with an outdoor crawlspace (no walls, just 2 pillars), therefore the floor joists under this room are exposed to the elements. I am trying to connect the new waste drain to an existing drain that runs under...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks