Search results

1. TXTom

Testing 220V with multimeter. What should the meter read?

Thanks- But it was a bad breaker. I replaced the breaker in the exact same slots and everything is peachy...... Voltage at the bad breaker was 125V to ground on one pole, and 17V to ground on the other. Voltage across the poles was 107V. New Breaker voltage is 250V across the poles. Thanks,
  2. TXTom

New Booster Pump and Tank. Booster won't start??

Wiring was all good. It was a bad breaker. One of the legs was dead. Thanks for the tips. Tom
  3. TXTom

It was a bad breaker. The breaker was new, but one leg was dead. Thanks for the tips. Knowing what the voltage readings should be for the 220 was very helpful. Tom
  4. TXTom

Thanks for the info. I am using a double pole 20A breaker. I will check my readings again. I believe I was reading 0 volts across L1/L2. I will check it again. Thanks,
  5. TXTom

I am troubleshooting problems with a new booster pump that I installed at my house. Here is my post from the "Pump/Well Board": I just installed a storage tank and booster pump at my house. The booster pump won't run. I need some wiring help. I am using a standard pressure switch to control...
  6. TXTom

I checked the voltage from ground to the terminals and I get 125V on each terminal. I have a feeling one of the Legs is not working, but I thought that maybe each would add together to make 250V. Am I wrong? Tom
  7. TXTom

I just installed a storage tank and booster pump at my house. The booster pump won't run. I need some wiring help. I am using a standard pressure switch to control the booster. There is no pressure on the system so the contacts on the switch are closed. I have a 20amp double pole breaker...
  8. TXTom

Installing 2500gal above ground tank. Do I need a concrete pad?

I am getting ready to add a 2500 gallon storage tank to my water system. I am using a 2500 gallon polyethylene tank. the tank will be sitting at ground level. I would prefer to scratch out a nice level spot and then compact 3-4"s of base or filings for a pad. The soil in my area is a...
  9. TXTom

Irrigation system needs more pressure....

Phil Yes the irrigation system comes on strong and then dwindles as time passes. I was able to reduce the dwindle by spacing the stations 5 minutes apart, but it is still a problem. The stations are sized properly, however we are in a drought and our well may not be performing at its best...
  10. TXTom

It is a 3500 square foot house. I need a square foot symbol on my keyboard. Thanks,
  11. TXTom

We recently expanded the irrigation system on our 5 acre property. We are now watering just over 1 acre. Prior to the expansion the system had good pressure and perfromed as expected. With the additional coverage we are having pressure problems on all stations. I have made many adjustments...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks