Search results

1. Ddanrr

Softeners, resin, and iron removal

Well, thats quite a picture! :eek: The iron number is 7, so I think it is right on the borderline on what a regular softener can handle. The old softener, which was a Sears Genius, could handle it kind of, the orange stains would still show up it just took longer. Everywhere I have read it...
  2. Ddanrr

Softeners, resin, and iron removal

I have been shopping for a new softener, since the old sears model has given out. My well water tested with a hardness of 35 gpg, and with significant iron. Water usage average is 161 gallons a day with 2 people. Have been reading the forum here enough to learn to avoid the box stores...
  3. Ddanrr

Sump pump hose freezing

I have a similar setup with my sump pump here in Illinois. PVC pipe going out the house, then a long flexible plastic pipe to take the water away from the house. What I did was drill a lot of small holes in the flexible pipe that lies in the lawn with a drill and bit. This allows the hose to act...
  4. Ddanrr

Pipes Hammer when pump cuts out

So it sounds like a CSV is going to partially close, to slow down the flow rate against my pump trying to run at full speed? It doesn't sound like it would be very good for the pump. I also considered a whole house filter between the pump and the tank, to slow the water down a bit and prevent...
  5. Ddanrr

Pipes Hammer when pump cuts out

I am having the same problem. New tank, new pressure switch, new two wire pump, no check valves in the house, and the water hammers the pipes bad when the pump shuts off (no problems when turning on though). Can someone explain better how a "CSV" could help this problem? I think my next house is...
  6. Ddanrr

No water, well pump won't turn on, electrical question:

Well, I did go ahead and buy a new control box, because I needed to get the water going again. And it did work, the water worked all day today, but now its stopped again, I think I burned out the new box. The pump is old and was getting quite noisy. I think maybe its drawing too many amps...
  7. Ddanrr

No water, well pump won't turn on, electrical question:

Well the water stopped running in the house today, the pump will not turn on. The pressure switch is fine, it is engaged to on. The wires have power. However in the box that contains the relay, the starting capacitor, and the running capacitor, I think there is a problem. The relay that turns on...
  8. Ddanrr

Pressure switch bounces on and off when disengaging

Not sure what you mean by only having to move the sensing line, not the electrical. If the tank and bladder acts as a hammer absorber then I need to have the switch close to it so it won't bounce around, as is my understanding now. My tank has a bad bladder and I was reading on the side of it...
  9. Ddanrr

All of these are valid points. Except that the system worked just fine for many years as it was set up. No hammering at all. The only problem is that after many years the switch started to leak, but I don't think it because it beat itself to death, just from old age. The hammering only started...
  10. Ddanrr

I had a square D well pressure switch that was old and started to leak. So I put in a new switch. The problem now is when the switch reaches the cutoff pressure and shuts off, it bounces, or opens and closes the contacts several times (usually 2 or 3 times then stays off). This causes power...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks