Search results

1. moisheh

Stiff faucet

We have a classic 1988 motorhome with a Moen Legend faucet in the kitchen and a Grohe in the bathroom sink. Both are the old fashioned lever type faucets. RV's have plumbing problems that one does not often see in a residence. Partially due to the well water in many campgrounds. Alsso because...
  2. moisheh

GE softener question

2 weeks ago I installed a new GXSH40V softener in our Mexican home. Our water is horrible. Very hard, salty and some sand Most softeners do not last over 3 to 4 years. I bought a Hach5B test kit Tests @ 65 gpg. I set the softener @ 65 but only put in 80 lbs. of salt. All went well but the unit...
  3. moisheh

Best Kitchen Faucet

I know that is a loaded question. e have a home in an area with really bad water. It eats plumbing fixtures. When we moved in 13 years ago I installed a Delta faucet. Single handle pull out. I should have known better as I have never had good luck with Delta. The water attacked the entire...
  4. moisheh

Septic Pump

We are new to country living and have never had to contend with a septic system. Our house is now 11 years old. 4 months after we moved in the septic pump smoked itself to death. Our plumber changed the pump. The original was quite small and sure looks like a cheap sump pump. He installed a Red...
  5. moisheh

Cadet 3 quick review

We have been doing extensive renos in our new to us house. One of those was an ensuite. I had read everything I could find on toilets. Tried to buy a Toto but no stock in the city of over 700,000 people where we live. I was very diappointed. I stated before that Toto should have better...
  6. moisheh

Autotrol 255valve/460I valve

Our softener has an Autotrol valve. Whenever the power goes out it loses the time and then regenerates at an odd time. Usually thasi happens during the day. Is there some way to correct this problem?? Moisheh
  7. moisheh

GFCI and split circuits

I have seen this question on other forums but never saw a proper answer. Our kitched has 2 counter plugs that are split. One double breaker. Other than a GFCI breaker is there a way to utilize 2 common GFCI outlets?? Thanks Moisheh
  8. moisheh

Bryant Evolution Question

Our new Bryant is supposed to be a "smart" furnace. After 2 weeks here the furnace ran for about 8 hours and the AC for one hour it is telling me the filter is 65 % used!!! How is that possible. How does it determine this: by back pressure or by time? Thanks Moisheh
  9. moisheh

Why Toto was not my choice

We are building an ensuite. I have been following the toilet forum for most of this year. I finally decided that maybe a Toto Ultramax would be the best choice. I also believe that there are other good choices. This forum is extremely biased being as there are lots of plumbers that post...
  10. moisheh

Geosprings Water Heater

I keep seeing ads for these heat pump water heaters. Are they any good? This particlar one is a GE. Are there others available? Any info appreciated. Moisheh
  11. moisheh

Niagra Flaperless Profiency

http://www.handhtoilets.com/Proficiency_UHET_english.pdf Has nayone had experince with this toilet. Uses 3 litres per flush and sounds like it might be a good choice. I think it is made in Canada? Moisheh
  12. moisheh

Faucet recommendations

We are in the planning stages for a new ensuite. I will be needing a lav fuacet, shower faucet and whirlpool. I have in the past had good success with Moen. I hate Delta/Peerless. Any suggestions for trouble free units? Thanks Moisheh
  13. moisheh

New High Efficiency furnace

We are getting quotes on a new HE (95%) furnace. One is a Lennox dealer the other sells Goodman. I have never heard of that brand . I did a google and found mixed reviews. Dealer extolls the tubular heat excanger and longer warranty. The dealer is a huge home supply store. Probably 150...
  14. moisheh

Booster fan

We have a house with a bedroom over the garage. The house is well insulated. Furnace is a mid efficiency 10 years old , same as the house. The ducting is ill designed. We can remove the basement ceiling and redo some of the ducts but it is still a long run up to that bedroom. I am thinking of...
  15. moisheh

Fan Speed

Can someone tell me how to adjust the fan speed on a 10 year old Trane XL80 mid efficiency unit? Is it done with dip switches? or? Thanks Moisheh
  16. moisheh

Mansfield toilet!!

Our home in Mexico has a Mansfield toilet installed by the previous owner. I hate that sucker with a passion. It is a low profile model with a shallow very wide tank. Our water varies from bad to really bad. The bad water played havoc with the Mansfield mechanism. Mansfield uses a different...
  17. moisheh

Furnace sizing and duct work

We just purchased a new to us post and beam house. The heating systems leave a lot ot be desired, The house has a 21 ft. cathedral ceiling, one 32 ft. wall that is almost 70% windows (triple pane). The house is fairly well insulated with 2 by6 walls. 1250 SF main floor, 700SF loft and 1250 SF...
  18. moisheh

sump pump/floor drain question

We have bought a house in the country. Although code calls for a sump pump, inspection is very lack. There is no sump pump nor pit. There is a floor drain/catch basin. I can see the weeping tiles( corrugated tube) where they enter this drain. I can also see another tube in the center that must...
  19. moisheh

RV generator circuit protection

I am currently working on an older ONAN diesel generator. Everything works fine. However the RV mfr. failed to do a proper install. There are 2 cooling fans that were installed by the RV mfr. One is a small squirell cage to exhaust hot air. It is 110 volt ( I have to remove it to read the label...
  20. moisheh

pipe threaders??

I need some advice from a pro. I have a shop that needs to be plumbed for my big air compressor. I priced copper but it is like gold. I could use 3/4 pipe but I do not have a pipe threader. I am in Mexico and there are no rental stores. I saw those ratcheting sets that are made in Taiwan but I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks