Search results

1. Sewer Rat

Hybrid DHW pros and cons

Sorry to hear about the cancer, but hang in there. My wife finished chemo a few years ago, and has been doing ok since then. I had considered that the heat pump will cool the area it's in, but suspect that it won't be much more noticeable than the kitchen getting warmer from the "heat pump"...
  2. Sewer Rat

Hybrid DHW pros and cons

It is time to replace my propane fired, indirect hot water maker and I'm seriously considering installing a hybrid heat pump hot water heater. Looking at efficiency specs and the chance to get partially away from propane's expense and price swings, it seems like a hybrid heat pump/electric hot...
  3. Sewer Rat

Grohe SmartControl self destruct?

I installed a Grohe triple function SmartControl in our shower several years ago. It has worked fine until today. The hot water side has completely shut down. I get cold water, but the flow drops to zero as I adjust the control towards the hot side. The hot water supply to the bathroom sink...
  4. Sewer Rat

Delta valve trim and multi-head shower confusion

Outstanding tip! I wouldn't have even thought to ignore the instructions that say to "install this end up". Gets rid of four 90's and six potential leaks. Thanks! Jim, I used to calibrate precision test equipment used to make sure planes, bombs, and missiles go where they are supposed to...
  5. Sewer Rat

Thanks Jim. I love simple (and now obvious) answers. Guess I can start ordering parts now. BTW, your creds look familiar, are you a regular on the John Bridge tile forum?
  6. Sewer Rat

I am doing a remodel on our master bath and intend to install a shower with a main shower head, hand shower on a slider, and two body sprays. I'm going to use all Delta components, mostly because I don't want the hassle of trying to match the look from piece to piece. Also, I'm under the...