Search results

1. dougle

Squeaky Maax shower pan......

Thanks, but beg to disagree.....the movement here is less than a 1/16" maybe less, and the covering over the styrofoam is quite thin.....I would agree with a more solid plastic/fiberglass but I think this is engineered to have all the structure from the styrofoam..the plastic/covering is just...
  2. dougle

Ok, talcum powder!, pried the liner away from the styrofoam a bit, then with orbital sand with no paper vibrated the talc into the spaces between the liner and the foam. NOT ONE SQUEAK! who knows how long it will last, but there is no humidity in there......fingers crossed.
  3. dougle

Confirmed it's not the styrofoam and the floor it's the styrofoam and the plastic/acrylic cover. Seems that they don't attach the foam to the plastic, it just acts as a support.....very poor design...can't imagine that every one of them don't squeak.
  4. dougle

Thanks Jim, they definitely don't want anything adhering...it's part of a kit and swapping out isn't an option.....Floor is level and flat.....I'm going to try a layer of plastic on the floor to see if that helps......
  5. dougle

Installing pan that has Styrofoam support underneath.....damn thing squeaks like crazy. Not much if any flex happening but I think it is the Styrofoam against the subfloor that is squeaking. Contacted Maax and they said I just have to live with it. I've only secured the pan to the framing so...
  6. dougle

Replacing Emergency light

Replacing an emergency light that fell off the ceiling when was being tested and confused with 2 extra wires. I have the 120v plug but also a red and blue 16 gauge set of wires that for the life of me can't figure out where they connect to in the head unit. They are connected to a 14/2 romex...
  7. dougle

PEX go no go gauge.....

I'm having trouble understanding this gauge. The no go part would indicate that the ring was compressed too much? Correct? Why would that fail? damaged the pex tubing?.......
  8. dougle

Problem with valves

I can hear the solenoid buzzing and if i give it a slight tap the valve comes on. These are brand new valves. Suggestions other than the obvious of change the solenoids? thanks
  9. dougle

Problem with valves

Good idea, but tried that. No, it made no difference. I really think it is a problem with the valves or something inside them or some adjustment. they work just fine when i manually open the valve. i'm stumped.
  10. dougle

Problem with valves

Thanks, PSI from pump is 42psi. I'm pretty sure water flow/volume is not the problem. Is it possible for the voltage drop to not cause the plunger it retract with enough force inside the solenoid? I mean it sortof humms and if i disengage the solenoid from the valve body it retracts but I...
  11. dougle

Problem with valves

Thanks Gary, no the solenoid fires and retracts into the body of the solenoid when 24v comes from the controller. As I understand it when the solenoid engages it allows water to flow down the small stainless tube to the bottom chamber of the valve which then releases the diaphram and water...
  12. dougle

Problem with valves

Just finished my install of 4 zones run off a shallow well. 3/4hp jet pump with a pump relay hooked up to my nelson controller. Has been working great for the past week. Now zones 3 and 4, the valves don't open (rain Pro 8410t jar top valves). I've checked at the controller and each zone...
  13. dougle

Sprinkler Pump

Yes Bob, water level is 18.5', not sure what drawdown is. Wellpoint is 1.25". I can "pull" 8gpm for at least an hour with an old 3/4hp jedjacket that i had
  14. dougle

Sprinkler Pump

Thanks guys. My well can only produce 8-10 gpm therefore i'm limited in the # of heads per zone. I think 1/2hp might be pushing it for a 18-20ft draw and 6gpm thanks
  15. dougle

Sprinkler Pump

This is off of another thread and i thought it would get a more knowledgable response in here..... I have a shallow well for irrigation (water at 18.5'). Would a 1 hp wayne Sprinkler pump work for me or am i better off with a shallow well jet pump. I've read about issues with the sprinkler pump...
  16. dougle

Sprinkler pump

Thanks Gary, my needs are max 7 GPM. most zones are 5-6 GPM. I'm more concerned about the "sprinkler" pump vs a shallow well jet pump. Ideally i need a 3/4hp pump but 1hp would do and i have access to one for a decent price. If anyone knows of a 3/4hp shallow well jet pump used or whatever...
  17. dougle

Sprinkler pump

I have a shallow well for irrigation (water at 18.5'). Would a 1 hp wayne Sprinkler pump work for me or am i better off with a shallow well jet pump. I've read about issues with the sprinkler pump not being able to draw enough. thanks
  18. dougle

Pump question

Thanks, thought it was the pump......
  19. dougle

Pump question

3/4hp redjacket shallow jet pump. used strictly for irrigation with no pressure/load produced 8-10 gpm from wellpoint shallow well. No pressure switch on it ie turn it on and motor keeps going. what would happen to the pump if I put it on a zone that only produces 6gpm. i know the pressure...
  20. dougle

Pump sizing

Thanks so much Bob.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks