Search results

1. wr1

Repair Home Water spigot shutoff gate valve & Soldering Order

thx jeff, i agree my solder could be better. some of the big blobs in the pics are from the "pros" who originally installed the stuff.
  2. wr1

try #2: got a different brand ball valve from a real plumbing supply shop! Gave up trying to find the install instructions and just did this: 1. cracked ball open very slightly to relieve pressure during soldering 2. took off valve's handle and waste stop 3. prepared 2 - 4" pipe stubs to attach...
  3. wr1

Many thx for all the replies. here's an update, as I know you pros will enjoy the comedy of a newbie making mistakes. the burst section is about 20 feet away from the valve and repaired pretty easily. the ball valve near the HWH heater not so much. part of the concern is the small 2" piece above...
  4. wr1

Long Story short: hose bib has internal gate valve shutoff in garage near hot water heater. copper pipe extends to exterior wall in garage. gate valve failed because the professional plumber who apparently built the house seated the top 1/2 pipe to the valve with too much solder and it created...
  5. wr1

Tub upgrade closes the gap to toilet center line - allowed?

thx Terry! much appreciated
  6. wr1

Tub upgrade closes the gap to toilet center line - allowed?

By upgrading to a 32" wide tub (from 30"), I bump out the distance to the toilet center line by 2". this means I now have 15" to the tub wall from toilet center line. and only 13.5" from center line to the tub plumbing line chaise wall (right of toilet bowl). does the toilet 15" rule apply here...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks