Search results

1. MarkLevinson1

Toilet drain pipe not lining up with stack

Hey there Reach4, I do have a rubber donut ready to go also. Do you know why the rubber coupling shown is not allowed? I suppose I could cut the cast iron if needed. You like that paint job? Came with the house, thrown in for free! Wayne, Does jog = wiggle room? thanks, Mark
  2. MarkLevinson1

Toilet drain pipe not lining up with stack

Hi, I am at the stage of my bathroom remodel where I need to install the drain for the toilet. I am starting to dry fit parts and I have an issue with the pvc pipe lining up with my adapter for attaching to the main stack. You can see in the second image I am off by about 3". I did pick up an...
  3. MarkLevinson1

hanging drywall on ceiling

Hi, Just realized something else. I still need to deal with the opening into the kitchen which adds another 4 - 5 inches into the mix. You can see it on the plans at the lower left side. http://www.patmedia.net/marklevinson/plans/plans.html...
  4. MarkLevinson1

hanging drywall on ceiling

Hi, I'm back with another question. I am getting ready to hang the drywall on the ceiling this weekend. The dimensions of the ceiling are 12 x 17. Here is how the joists run: http://www.patmedia.net/marklevinson/plans/ceiling.html and these are the full plans...
  5. MarkLevinson1

height of drywall and finished floor

ok, now I get it. I don't think I quite understood what Jim was suggesting before. It would probably be in my best interest to install the drywall down to where I can screw it into the baseplate. As I already have my insulation in it would be easier than to have to remove it to install blocking...
  6. MarkLevinson1

Thanks for the advice fellas. It is appreciated. leejosepho's estimate of 93 1/4" for the drywall height seems right on the money. I will definitely be losing my base plate for screwing the drywall into. I will be putting in regular ole baseboard molding where there are no cabinets. If you take...
  7. MarkLevinson1

Hi, I have been remodeling my kitchen for the past year having stripped it down to the studs. I have completed the plumbing, electrical and gas and have just finished all the insulation and am now ready for the drywall. The kitchen had an 8ft ceiling. I currently have a 1/2" of subfloor...
  8. MarkLevinson1

Weil-McLain Ultra 155 and purging air out of system

Hi, Let me start off by thanking you in advance for your patience. I am remodeling my kitchen (doing all the work myself) and as I am not a contractor I do need to rely on a lot of research, reading, trial and error and the sage advice of professionals and experienced folks such as...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks