Search results

1. Charlie P

Macerating toilet HP ??

Will be installing an up flush toilet in a full bathroom.The bathroom is complete except for the up flush itself.I searched 1/2hp vs 1hp but never found any useful info . This bathroom will be for the bunk room for the 5 grandkids. My thoughts ( which could be totally wrong) are, the 1hp would...
  2. Charlie P

Need advice on converting from oil to natural gas.....combis?

Dana,Jad and everyone else that shares their knowledge I just wanted to thank everyone for all the knowledge that you so willingly share. Without you I would have been running a WM ultra 155 instead of the 80. I'm quite happy with the results of the 80 Heres the $$ bottom line OIL On...
  3. Charlie P

I need Weil Mclain help in South Jersey

He called and said he left a note case here, I met with the guy today to give him his note case back when i get there ,I give him his note-case and he said there was $300 in it I look at him like he's nuts and tell him I didn't even open it, he said I'm not accusing you just yet. WTF is that...
  4. Charlie P

If I ran my work like that I would never get another job. I dont BS them i find out what they want and I ALWAYS give them my opinion(good ,bad,or ugly,I'll tell them the truth. Are heating contractors licensed in NJ? yes he is, as Plumber #2 pointed out,YES plumber # 1 is a master...
  5. Charlie P

I thought I posted this earlier,,,, I threw these guys off the job at 9;30 Actually they didn't even get here at 930 so i put there tools on the front porch ,called and told them they were done here. Got hold of W/M and there was a guy here at 11 am They piped everything fine,but they got...
  6. Charlie P

I have A company installing my boiler (WM ultra 80 gas) that was supposed to know it all ,and they dont have a clue. They swear they installed 5 of them,but i found out today they didn't know what the Outdoor temp reset was. That's when I got scared. They came in $500 higher then the other guy...
  7. Charlie P

Why would you use prority DHW , Can I do this ? 80K Gas Weil-Mclain ultra

Any comments, I really have no ideal what I'm looking at. The empty space to the right of the boiler is where the Boiler mate is going
  8. Charlie P

I'm pretty sure (after reading it a dozen times ) I understand Is it normal for DHW to be set at 140 From what Iv seen over the past 10 years with the boiler mate it has a smart control that reads 120,I can set it to what I want but that's what the guy who installed it had it set at Am I...
  9. Charlie P

Im replacing 100k oil burner with an 80K Gas WeilMclain ultra. The 100k was over sized as we found out from a heat loss of 55k My oil burner has 3 zones ,that includes DHW from a 40gal boiler mate. the DHW is not zoned priority so if the other 2 zones and the DHW are all calling for heat ,they...
  10. Charlie P

Zone pump sizing

Hey tom Ill be no help to you.But do u no someone that needs a 150? If so,you can take the hit and sell your alpine to them for $5-$600 cheaper then you got it for. Thats what I'm doing right now(but I'm in the position to do it and mine was never installed) I just went through the same thing...
  11. Charlie P

Thanks Dana , Jim I was to nervous about returning the155 and getting an 80k.Was actually going to go with the 105 just to be safe. After reading your last post I had NO FEAR of ordering the 80 With the help the Internet and your knowledge I have placed my order for the 80k. And am...
  12. Charlie P

Hey Dana Thats funny:DYES I have found that out Thanks for your help. As I said in the first post ,,,it's nerve racking going from 100k to 60-80k especially when there's 3 different heating guys saying "GO BIGGER" Not one of them did a heatloss. My heat loss results came out Roughly=...
  13. Charlie P

Now that I understood Thank You
  14. Charlie P

Honestly,I have not a clue what you just said:confused: Would you mind puttting that in laymans terms Thanks
  15. Charlie P

I was going to start a new thread ,But your thread(Edgeman) is pretty much my same situation. I actually went out and bought a weil mclain ulta 155 because thats what the HVAC guys said I needed,then while doing research on installing I found out it was way oversized. I have a 2000sf house in...
  16. Charlie P

sewage pump problems

I opened the pit ,drained it,and the float works. I dident have any electric tools with me so I couldent check to see if it had power. I will open the box and look for the diagram. the house was built in 89 and I dident check to see what kind of pump it was,but I will. Can the float switch...
  17. Charlie P

sewage pump problems

I sheetrocked a room that has the sewage pump alarm in it, so during the process The wires at the alarm (The ones that go to the circuit breaker, the pump and the alarm) got all mixed up. At first the breaker in the panel kept triping,then the electrician switched the wires around and the pump...
  18. Charlie P

Elec HWH

I'm about ready to pick up a 80g HWH from Home depot or Lowes. Can they be layed down for transport? They have 2 different wattages(4500 and 5500,I think)I plan on getting the higher wattage figureing it will heat up faster And is there a certin brand I should stay away from? Thank You
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks