Search results

1. mappley811

Help removing brass closet flange from copper pipe

I'm seeing online that modern MAP (which is actually MAP/pro) only burns like 10% hotter than propane. They don't make true MAPP anymore. Does the extra 10% make a noticeable difference in heating time?
  2. mappley811

Help removing brass closet flange from copper pipe

I'm trying to remove a damaged brass closet flange from a 3" copper drain pipe. It's my understanding that the flange is soldered to the pipe in the same way that copper water lines are soldered, so I'm trying to un-sweat it. But something's happening with the sewer gasses when the pipe starts...
  3. mappley811

Wiring new bathroom vent/light/heat combo

Thanks guys! I couldn't buy 12/4 at the big box store, so I opted to go the 12/2 and 12/3 route. Stuff you were right, each function has its own neutral. So I'll connect the two hots from the 12/3 to the fan and light respectively, and tie both fan and light neutrals to the 12/3 neutral in the...
  4. mappley811

Wiring new bathroom vent/light/heat combo

I'm installing a light/vent/heater combo in a new bathroom, and I'm looking for some guidance on the proper (code-compliant) way to wire it so that each of the three functions is on its own switch. I'm going to install it on a dedicated 20A circuit per the manufacturers instructions, and will be...
  5. mappley811

New basement bathroom, insulation and vapor barriers?

As the title says, I'm getting ready to build a new basement in an unfinished portion of my bathroom. I'm seeing a ton of advice on various sites, but none that match my situation exactly. One wall of my bathroom will be against the concrete foundation wall. I'm in Connecticut, Zone 5, and IRC...
  6. mappley811

Voltage choice for jet(?) pump

Update time. As many of you suggested, I tested the connection at the pressure switch and it's definitely 120V. Now the question is this; is there any reason I should go through the effort of changing over to the 230V configuration? I don't have an total amperage problem (just upgraded to 200A...
  7. mappley811

Thank you so much, that clears up a whole lot. So I guess what I should do is open up the panel and see if the white goes to the neutral bar, or is double-tied to the same breaker as the black. Since it's only a single pole breaker, that's the only way it would be 240, right?
  8. mappley811

Sorry if I sound stupid, but if the white isn't neutral, then where is the neutral for this pump?
  9. mappley811

With only a black and white wire, wouldn't one of them HAVE to be a neutral? Don't all circuits require a neutral line back to the panel? And to the point about a multimeter, what points would I be connecting the leads to to test the voltage? And would it have to be under load at the time of...
  10. mappley811

Other than being 20A, the breaker for the well pump is the exact same breaker as every other one in the panel (you can see it in the third picture, it's in the #8 slot). I don't see how it could be providing 240V on a single pole. Is that even possible?
  11. mappley811

Hi guys, I recently bought a house with a well. Coming from a house on public water, the intricacies of well equipment are a new topic for me. I'm looking to buy a standby generator for my house during power outages, and I wanted to find out if my pump was 115 or 230 volt. First of all, the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks