Search results

1. F

ABS into cast iron hub with neoprene gasket HELP

right gasket size? Thanks HJ. Agreed about cutting the pipe. As far as having the right fitting, is there a list somewhere that lays out proper sizes or model numbers? Or should it say somewhere on the gasket itself? Thanks, Phil
  2. F

So where can I find that tool? Thanks for the link, Northern Phil. The manual features a special pulling tool for joining with neoprene -- basically a big lever that braces against the bell of the hub. They of course recommend their own brand, the "Charlotte Pipe pulling tool part #EPT-920."...
  3. F

Verdeboy -- I'm an Albuquerque kid myself. Nice to see some Nuevo Mexicanos among the forumites... Thanks for the link, but after reading it I'm especially sure that cutting the cast iron won't work. Too small a space for the snap cutter, and too small to get a grinder or saw blade all the...
  4. F

yeah, but Thanks Mark. The issue with cutting the cast iron is that it's an elbow -- a very short one at that. And there's no real room to cut it, either -- especially not using one of those giant cutters. In addition, that elbow feeds into another segment of cast iron, which I could pull out...
  5. F

I had to replace my bathroom floor, and in doing so removed the closet flange under the toilet, as well the lead pipe connecting the flange to the cast iron soil pipe. (Lead was joined with lead/oakum, which took me decades to pull out. :D) Now I have a length of ABS I need to run from the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks