Search results

1. zeetwoeight

Shower drain relocation

Hi all. We are replacing a corner shower unit with a rectangular which means the drain needs a slight relocation - approx 8" back, 4" right. The simplest way is to put the p-trap at a 90 to the drain pipe but not sure if that is permitted or if I need to use a 45 instead. Pic 1 is orig, pic 2...
  2. zeetwoeight

Poly pipe. Pipe Identification

Thanks for the info! what you describe with the barbed connector is exactly how its done now so I will just repeat. Cheers.
  3. zeetwoeight

Poly pipe. Pipe Identification

Hi all, This is a piece of the underground pipe at a cabin I purchased. What type of pipe is it? CPVC? Its connected to 3/4" copper which then goes to the pump. Going to replace the copper with a section of PEX. If it is CPVC I was thinking of using a Sharkbite connector. Or what method...
  4. zeetwoeight

Shallow Well Pump Wiring

Got a photo of the pump and the switch. The switch had a 25A fuse in it. So as per the diagram posted in my original post, the distance from pump to outlet is about 2 ft ; outlet to 30A switch about 1 ft (12/2 wire) ; switch to main panel 14 ft (14/2 wire to a 15A breaker).
  5. zeetwoeight

Shallow Well Pump Wiring

Agreed. Gonna check out the pump next time I'm on site. As for run from pump to main panel... about 12-15 feet.
  6. zeetwoeight

Shallow Well Pump Wiring

Current pump is 1/3HP, 115V and 7A rated (all stamped on the pump). The pump was fully functional when we purchased the cabin. But I had to have some reno work done to remediate a crawl space and therefore a lot of wires were cut. Not that it matter as I wanted to run all new anyways as there...
  7. zeetwoeight

Shallow Well Pump Wiring

Thanks for all the input folks. Truly appreciated. Agreed - I think they were using it as the disconnect rather than going to the main panel and cutting the breaker. I definitely want a way to cut the pump power from where the pump is rather than across the room so I think I will look at a new...
  8. zeetwoeight

Shallow Well Pump Wiring

Any reason why it would not be a good idea? Pretty certain now that code in our area calls for 20A (T-slot) outlets in kitchen areas so would there be any reason why having a 20A for something like the pump would be a concern? Not necessarily going to replace it but I was curious as to why a...
  9. zeetwoeight

Shallow Well Pump Wiring

Good day all, I purchased a country cabin with a shallow well pump. I am a complete newbie when it comes to pumps so I have a question on the way it was wired up. Please see attached diagram (NOTE: I can't recall if that fuse was a 25A or 30A but it was larger than 20A - which I thought was...
  10. zeetwoeight

Connecting Utility Sink to Existing Vertical Drain Pipe

Thanks Terry. I have been reading a lot on this site about AAVs and I know they do not get the best reputation but the only other way for me to vent this sink would be a major reno of my first and second floors of a completed home to get a proper vent pipe to the roof or attic. Wife won't...
  11. zeetwoeight

So I have confirmed with the my municipality planning dept that the use of an AAV is permitted as long as the AAV is accessible (which it will be). So would the following diagram be a proper way to install the AAV in the system to allow me to put in the sink? I read on another thread that the...
  12. zeetwoeight

Thanks. Since running a new vent up through the roof or connecting to the existing 42" above highest connected feature is not going to be do-able (from a financial and physical renovation perspective) is the use of an AAV appropriate in this case - assuming of course local building code allows...
  13. zeetwoeight

Thank folks. I did some googling about this dry venting and put together this diagram. Is this what you are referring to or am I completely off track on this?
  14. zeetwoeight

Thanks. there are currently no other fixtures connected to this vertical drain in the basement. the drain comes from the second floor washroom. its highly unlikely a washer will ever go there as our home has our laundry room on the main floor. this utility sink is just being put in for a...
  15. zeetwoeight

Hi all, I want to install a utility sink in my basement by tying it into the existing 3" vertical drain pipe that comes from the second floor washroom. There is currently a clean-out located 13" up from the basement floor. My plan was to put in a 3"x3"x1.5" sanitary tee below the clean-out...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks