Search results

1. dslywalker

need some suction line info for a Grundfos pump

yes they should grease your palm with some green. Thanks for your advice
  2. dslywalker

how hard is it to roll that poly out at 50 degrees. Probably going to have get a case of beer and wrestle it like a pet coon.
  3. dslywalker

actually there 10' sticks of 1" pvc and 170' suction run...So this poly pipe #160 is good for a 170' suction line?160 i presume is PSI? Back on the farm in Iowa we used a black flexible pipe like 1" for hydrants..Must be the same stuff.. If i lay 170' of 1 1/4" in a ditch it would be enough for...
  4. dslywalker

I'm running a 170' suction line to a https://www.supplyhouse.com/Grundfos-99463940-JP-PS-16-07-177-1-Stage-Shallow-Well-Jet-Pump-Stainless-Steel-115-230V-3-4-1-5-HP Its coming off a 2500 tank with 3' drop in elevation. Question is i would like to use flex due to cold weather right now and 30...
  5. dslywalker

Question on water suction line and pump setup

thanx Cary and to the rest of you thanks..Should have this done in late Sept. I'll let you know how it works
  6. dslywalker

This is the pump he should have given me..Sorry about that. The literature is on the website http://www.supplyhouse.com/Grundfos-97855091-JP5-61ASA-Shallow-Well-Jet-Pump-Cast-Iron-230V-1-1-2-HP
  7. dslywalker

Owner wants to go with this pump and 10 gallon csv system. http://www.pexuniverse.com/grundfos-jp5-61dsa-deep-well-jet-pump-97855090 appreciate your help Thanks Mike
  8. dslywalker

That's a idea, tank is 12' tall...Were putting a tank heater in it so float don't freeze in place..Didn't know you could put a submersible in a water tank..Thou I guess it makes sense. Then if I went bladder tank or CSV I could run a 1" pressure line to it..Put a pump protector on it with...
  9. dslywalker

my 100-Amp panel is full, new panel or add subpanel?

100 amp services were the norm when most of the heavy stuff was gas..Range and water heater and furnace would have close to 80 amps if they were electric.. I'm with the rest of them check on upgrading to a 200 amp.. Especially if you plan on staying there awhile.. Don't know what your hobbies...
  10. dslywalker

my 100-Amp panel is full, new panel or add subpanel?

Be better to take a pic of the breaker box with the cover off it. Be able to tell more about whats going on in there..You have some gas appliances? Mike
  11. dslywalker

Any advantage to the 10 gallon tank beings this is a business and put the pressure up to 65psi?? Think they might be getting a dishwasher and code requires hotter water and more pressure but I have to check.. Be great as far as theft but we had a guy get his elec breaker stolen while watching...
  12. dslywalker

I've been looking at CSVs for a few years now.I put one on well once and it worked great.Actually been working for 15 years..Trying to convince the old timers to switch to that has been hard..The bigger the tank the more water and pressure we have they think..This is a newer guy so i'll run it...
  13. dslywalker

AZ has temp swings every 50 miles..Town has temps probably comparable to Prescott Az..Your right on no seams on the pipe..So you must think pump size and pipe size is good then.Thanks for the link...Another question on check valve placement..With that long of suction line would it be better on...
  14. dslywalker

Pipe will be 3' in the ground and no haven't considered polyethylene but will now..Haven't bought anything yet. Thanks for your reply
  15. dslywalker

Currently in the process of installing a water pump system for business.Business curtails of a small kitchen and bar and men and womens restroom...Upstairs is a old brothel upstairs consisting of 6 rooms and one toilet and shower at the end of the hall..Kitchen has just the usual triple sink...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks