Search results

1. Dinger928

Sharkbite Water Hammer Arrestors

Wow, that sounds like a foreign language to me there! I believe in your code you guys need an expansion tank installed between the discharge of the PRV and the cold inlet of the tank, with NO valves installed in between. This should fix your problem.
  2. Dinger928

Ok, had the water department out today while I was at work. They did a water pressure test and recorded 80psi. They left the door hanger on the door with a note commenting on whether or not I had a PRV installed or not. So that tells me that they did not see one at the street. Hrm, this...
  3. Dinger928

When our house was replumbed, I'm doubting there was even a PRV installed. If there is one out there, I have never seen it. Where do these get installed? At the street? I know our main water shutoff valve doesn't have one anywhere near it.... Is it worth calling the water department and ask...
  4. Dinger928

Well, wen't a different route and installed a PPP arrestor with a 'T' at the faucet. This didn't correct the problem. I still get that hammer/air sound back at the hot water line of the tank. I did buy a hose bib style water pressure gauge and used it. It shows around 90psi. I checked it...
  5. Dinger928

I guess I should have clarified. This is a leg that stretches out to our kitchen sink area. It is the longest run for the entire house, which when I trace it back to as far as I can see in the crawlspace, it comes from a 3/4" 'main' line. The house was done be a professional plumber when we...
  6. Dinger928

Roughly a week ago, I started hearing sort of a 'pushback' or hammer noise coming from around the water heater. Noticed this everytime the dishwasher upstairs stopped the supply of hot water going into it. Thinking it was the dishwasher, I then tried the kitchen sink. When you abruptly shut...
  7. Dinger928

Water Hammer Arrestors I have a question here to see if anyone has successfully used these Sharkbite Water hammer arrestors. I am contemplating trying one to try and fix an issue that has recently popped up. Was just wondering if these worked for anyone in solving the issue. TIA
  8. Dinger928

Leak from Hole right behind Handle of Frost Free Hose Bib

Ok, hopefully the title says it all. This leak has me puzzeled. I had assumed that it was from the nut facing the faucet right behind the handle. I removed it, and replaced the material in it with some teflon type tubing. Well, long story short it appears that it was fine but the water...
  9. Dinger928

Toto Drake - Hissing Sound

Terry, Thanks, I'll give that a shot today and post back. Is this the 528 part # I have seen referenced a few times? TIA
  10. Dinger928

Toto Drake - Hissing Sound

Hey all, I did a search on here and couldn't really come up with an exact match of what my Drake is doing. The toilet when flushed flushes fine and fills to the appropriate level. After it stops, there is no leaking from the 'black line' which feeds into the tube. After a couple of hours when...
  11. Dinger928

Help-Smelly Dishes

Thanks for all the replies. We have done the complete bleach test and the vinegar test! We run our dishwasher say twice a week or so, its only the two of us. We did switch out dishwashers and have recently seen the smell come back, even with the new dishwasher in there which is why we are so...
  12. Dinger928

Help-Smelly Dishes

Ever a suggestion? I too am currently experiencing just what the above poster has experienced, to the "T". To me though, the smell is more like a wet dog. All plumbing was redone, even to the street, replaced dishwasher as we thought that was the problem. To no avail, like the above poster...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks