Search results

1. ocpilot

Toilet? Pressure Problems

You might consider disassembling the fill assembly in the toilet and check for dirt, sand etc. I had a similar situation after doing some outside repairs on my main. Got a bunch of sandy dirt in the line. Caused every toilet in the house to run until I dismantled and cleaned.
  2. ocpilot

Drainage problems

Fifty bucks ($ US) says you have got something cloth hung up in the DWV system. People like to stack hand towels and wash clothes on the back of the toilet where the ultimately end up in the bowl (and maybe flushed). When the get hung up on something, they create weird intermittant...
  3. ocpilot

Concerns installing 1.6GPF in old house

Yes, I was looking at his reviews. Not so much worried about the toilet performance itself as with the reduction in overall volume of water flowing the DWV system. I'm sure the piping was probably installed correctly, however 40 years of accumlation and cast iron rust has me worried...
  4. ocpilot

Toilet not flushing, obstructed vent?

Do you have a shower, sink or bathtub that is infrequently used? Sometimes the trap dry out, and then will allow sewer gas to pass. Also what type of construction do you have? Slab. 2 story? Look at it logically you have three possible ways that you can get sewer oder in the house: 1)...
  5. ocpilot

Black deposits in low flow toilets

Is the surface (i.e. the path between the rim holes and the waterline) etched or rough there maybe from mineral deposits? If so it could be allowing small amounts of moisture to stay on there (instead of running down into the water). This would be especially pronounced if you flush that toilet...
  6. ocpilot

Concerns installing 1.6GPF in old house

Installating a new toilet into a newly remodeled bathroom on a slab. Waste Plumbing is 40 years old cast iron. In general the performance of the toilets/drain plumbing has been pretty good without frequent plugging. However, now that I must install (not by choice of course becaust that's all...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks