Search results

1. NW3

1.5" or 2" check valve?

I notice that a number of check valves used in basement sump installations are 1.5" valves with 1.5" to 2" unions/couplings on either end. Any reason to not go with a 2" check valve instead? Thanks.
  2. NW3

Pedestal vs. Submerged pump for basement sump?

Good point. I had switches go bad on two Zoeller M53s and I think it was just due to the contacts wearing and arcing, not water contamination.
  3. NW3

Pedestal vs. Submerged pump for basement sump?

I see this topic has been discussed some years ago but I’d like to get a fresh perspective on it. After losing a second submersible pump from a reputable manufacturer due to a faulty switch, it’s obvious that an otherwise reliable design has a known Achilles heel. Yes, I understand the switch...
  4. NW3

Zoeller sump pump short cycling

Looks like it was the check valve. I couldn't blow through it but once it had an 8' column of water above it, the water would drain back into the sump. Looks like Zoeller has a history of known issues wit their switch design and hasn't done anything with as far as a redesign, etc. I'm going...
  5. NW3

Zoeller sump pump short cycling

I have a Zoeller model 53 pump in a basin approximately 24" deep and 24" in diameter. The pump sends water up out of the basin to an 8' vertical x 2" diameter schedule 4o PVC pipe and out the house. I've had this setup for over 15 years and am on the second pump after the contacts burned out...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks