Search results

1. K

Quick Toto Question

Should I use the Clorox Teflon on my brand new Drake with Sanigloss? I've been using it over a year on my regular Drake, and it works like a charm, but I was concerned that it might interact inappropriately with the Sanigloss finish. Thanks again for this wonderful resouce. We are just...
  2. K

Which comes first - tub or floor?

Thanks very much, gentlemen. In the current setup, probably installed 45 years ago, the flooring goes under the skirt of the tub, so I thought that was the way to go. Thanks for setting me straight. BTW, we all LOVE the Toto Drake Round we've already put in downstairs. (The first time my...
  3. K

Which comes first - tub or floor?

I am refining the plans to remodel my bathroom and would like some advice, please. I thought the new vinyl flooring should go down first, and then the new tub, so that the flooring would extend slightly under the tub skirt. The contractor says he wants to install the tub first (Kohler...
  4. K

Lifespan for Cast Iron Tub?

Thank you! It is comfy, but certainly not glossy. Just went over it inside and out (what I can reach) looking for any indication of rust. Getting into the tub and looking up underneath the overflow fixture -- I do see a few specks of rust there. Maybe that should that be taken as an...
  5. K

Lifespan for Cast Iron Tub?

A question for you knowledgeable, helpful folks: how long can I expect a cast iron tub to last? Is it reasonable to expect it to continue in service beyond 50 years? We are upgrading the bathroom in an 1850s home, and want to put in a Swanstone tub surround. I am guessing the tub dates...
  6. K

Questions re Toto Drake Toilets

More thanks and follow up. Thanks also to moderator (that's a job), and for the advice about the lids. Since I'm going to be buying this sight unseen (and seat untried) your response is much appreciated. I'm still having a heck of a time trying to figure out the difference between...
  7. K

Thanks. Bless you for the time you spend keeping up with this message board. Best wishes from the middle of upstate NY farm country.
  8. K

We're remodeling a 40 year old bathroom in our 200 year old home, and could sure use some help finalizing our decision to try and go with a Toto Drake. 1) Is sanigloss treatment on the entire toilet (inside and outside bowl, inside and outside tank)? 2) Is sanigloss available on the Round...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks