Search results

1. MP_MKZ

Frost free faucet stem replacement (Watts manufacturer)

I use these. I order then from Amazon. All Watts stuff is Prier now. I am not a plumber just like to help people. The copper parts are all good. It appears you just need the gaskets and such. The kit has it all...
  2. MP_MKZ

Re plumbing drain line for new sink

This is mine! On a serious note. I would cut the pipe near the drain. Cement an extension pipe followed by a 1 1/2 threaded Yie and then hook up the double sink to that. Am I even understanding what's going on here?
  3. MP_MKZ

Replacing bathroom vanity

Why not just make this easier on yourself. If the current vanity is in good shape take the top laminate and sink off or whatever you have. Go to a bragain outlet and get one of those pre cut granite countertops with sink installed and just drop it in with some silicone under it. Then a new...
  4. MP_MKZ

Help with toilet flange installation

This is way I did on my cracked flange. Sioux chief from HD. Make sure putty goes under it and you can put some clear silicone around the space of flange and ring. Use stainless screws or concrete screws (I think they are called tap con)
  5. MP_MKZ

Need some quick help...urgent!

Now take that sink drain and move it to left and toward drain and you won't be able to use that 45. That's how I ended up convoluting those slip joint connections and making a funny trap. I tried 45 s and 90s nothing would work. Let's just say I got really good at p trapping now, like a balloon...
  6. MP_MKZ

So I have completed one of my bathroom vanity remodels. I am planning to do the same upstairs. I already know the sink drain will be too close to the 1 1/2 drain connection. Last time I had to use my imagination with slip joints. I found something at Lowe's and HD but I am not sure if it's legal...
  7. MP_MKZ

Thanks. I hoped somebody would give me the weirdest p trap award. Imagine a home inspector walking in on this and saying: well it ain't wrong, but it ain't pretty either. It was either that or pay a plumber to burr the existing drain to install a 45 degree adapter closer into the wall.
  8. MP_MKZ

Well the sink sealed fine. However the drain was too close to the sink and I could not do a 45 or a 90. I ended up letting my imagination run wild. What do you think?
  9. MP_MKZ

Hi. Thanks. I know to use puddy under the popup rim. I am concerned about the spot where the rubber gasket meets the sink neck from the underside. I guess that does not have to be perfect??? I can always use some Rectorseal T plus 2 non gardening multipurpose paste on it. It's compatible with...
  10. MP_MKZ

So I installed a new vanity top that came with undermount sink. I am about to do the plumbing today. I noticed that the sink drain neck is not cast very well. It's imperfect. I used some two part epoxy to fill the space there. What do I do to make sure it does not leak. Putty, teflon dope...
  11. MP_MKZ

No water from outdoor faucet?

So those frost free spigots have a copper cartridge in them. You need to make sure that whole thing is out. Then go open the faucet valve inside the house. If you get no water coming out then you either have to open another valve or there is a blockage somewhere. I doubt it's blocked if it's...
  12. MP_MKZ

Dishwasher supply line

Hello. Had to get new dishwasher. Had to reposition the valve to use braided line instead of old copper line. Angled the valve and turned connection upward to be able to flex the braided steel. Do you see any issues here? No leaks so far all day.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks