Search results

1. jrsummersill1

Chlorine injection system, but no chlorine detected

Dittohead, We have used the pool test kit to test the water before and after the carbon filter and it shows some chlorine before the filter and none after the filter, but I will definitely keep in mind what you said about the carbon retaining the chlorine. I was just happy to see it being...
  2. jrsummersill1

I just wanted to give a quick update. My husband came up with the idea to install a time delay device (I believe that is what it is called). Thus the chlorine injector still comes on when the well pump comes on, but then the chlorine injector actually stays on for a set period of time after the...
  3. jrsummersill1

At the moment, I only have the images that I posted previously of the system. The layout is that the well, pressure tank and chlorine injector are about 300' or so from the house. So the water travels from the tank to a small 10" x 2.5" GAC filter (which will soon be replaced with a whole house...
  4. jrsummersill1

I am still trying to digest the information you all have provided and I really do appreciate the information. We have a 4" well casing. We were not sure about the contact tank and our pressure tank is quite large--520 gallons. What size of a contact tank would we need? Would it come before or...
  5. jrsummersill1

Yes, we did have a water test performed about a month ago by a local lab. The test showed that total coliform was present and that we had iron at .521 mg/L and sulfide at 2.85 mg/L. In doing some research, we assumed that with having an issue with bacteria, iron and hydrogen sulfide, chlorine...
  6. jrsummersill1

Here are the pictures of the set up and a picture of the model number from the chlorine pump. We also bought a carbon filter from the person that we bought the chlorine system from, but we haven't plumbed that in yet so the water we tested for the chlorine has not been filtered or treated (other...
  7. jrsummersill1

We just bought and installed a used chlorine injection system. The previous owner told us that in the chlorine tank they always used 2gallons of chlorine to about 18 gallons of water. We have had it installed for about a week now and the chlorine tank has been going down, but we cannot detect...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks