Search results

1. jba

Help Convincing Inspectors They Are Wrong About Code?

Hi All, Desperately wanting to have my final final on a whole house redo that I've been too many years working on. Failed my final plumbing with a list of small things I've already fixed and one big problem: the inspector says my shower fails under UPC 408.6 because you cannot fit a 30"...
  2. jba

Outdoor receptacles on rain screen

Hi All, Is there a best practice, or can someone share their preferred method for placing receptacles on an exterior rain screen? I’ve contemplated the following two approaches: 1) mount a waterproof box (1-3/4” deep, the depth of corravent + siding) directly to the plywood/tyvek sheathing...
  3. jba

Sanitary Tee VS Wye for Toilet Vent

Hi All, Just had an inspector on-site for my in/under-slab DWV. He raised one issue that kinda throws cold water on some of what I think I've learned here. He said that my use of a wye rather than a sanitary tee for the toilet vent (see pic) wasn't ideal since it located the vent further below...
  4. jba

Wet Vent Redux and other questions

Hi All, first time posting here but I've learned so much just browsing as a non-member. Thanks to Terry Love for hosting this site! Hope I won't be banned for life after this extended post! :-). Can anyone firm-up my knowledge of wet venting, specifically in King Co. WA (Seattle)? I think...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks