Search results

1. Dav hamm

Draining dehumidifier through cleanout?

Running a dehumidifier in our basement. Currently its in a small room off the main, cause there is a floor drain. Would like to move the dehumidifier into the main room, but there is no drain. There is a PVC clean out in the floor, as the drain heads out of the house. Could I open that up...
  2. Dav hamm

Why is a ground wire required from a generator?

No the furnace is not 240 its 120, on a 120 breaker, I know the difference, there is one white, one black and one copper wire going to it. The ref/ Freezer is upstairs the furnace is in the basement, the Ref / Freezer runs on the GFCI by itself perfectly fine, which says the ground and neutral...
  3. Dav hamm

I guess I am the one who introduced what now has me confused, as people keep referring to my situation or the condition in my post. But I described 4 different situations in my post, so I never know which one is being discussed. Let me try to clear up the mess I think I have made. Knows in...
  4. Dav hamm

But the Generator has the ground and neutral connected just like the house, so how is this different?
  5. Dav hamm

Or Honda has changed the design since that maual was printed in 2007, Honda has about 7 different manuals for this model depending on serial number here is the one for mine: http://cdn.powerequipment.honda.com/pe/pdf/manuals/00X31Z037230.pdf Where on page 30 it says System Ground This generator...
  6. Dav hamm

Stuff, I don't get your examples of things gone wrong, it sounds like your saying the hot is shorted and you pick up the tool and it the current now flows through you to ground, cause you don't have a ground line, But the second that starts the GFCI would trip.
  7. Dav hamm

@Stuff, and that is where the miscommunication is. I am not attaching to the house wiring anymore. I have the furnace disconnected it is on an extension cord, with no ground (cause as you explained its probably grounded through the gas line, so If i connect a ground the generator GFCI trips)...
  8. Dav hamm

Stuff, Freezer is currently plugged into a GFCI in the basement and runs fine pretty sure replacing them is not going to solve the problem. Please educate me what is are the risks of running on the GFCI without a ground?
  9. Dav hamm

Yup digging up an old thread. Bought my first generator after 1 day of what turned out to be 5 days without power. Its a Honda EB3000c so neutral bonded to ground. Furnace is hard wired in but there is an outlet at it for the condensor pump. I threw the main and all the circuits (cause when...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks