Search results

1. PhileFriendly

Noritz error code 16

Yeah, the guy who I had out a few months ago for the first fuse replacement said that it is almost a light-duty commercial unit, and thought it would be pretty robust still - definitely didn't think I'd be back to the same problem 6 months later. Then again, I wouldn't have bet on the Seahawks...
  2. PhileFriendly

Noritz error code 16

We have a Noritz N-084M-DV tankless water heater that is about 15 years old. Early this year we started having an issue where periodically the unit would stop, giving error code 16. If I turned it off and on again, it would work for a few days before the problem recurred. Unfortunately it...
  3. PhileFriendly

Should I replace recirc pump for my tankless heater?

I never did get this figured out, and now that winter is coming I'm thinking about it again :) Any suggestions on what I should try? Or failing that, a recommendation on a plumber with experience troubleshooting tankless recirc issues in the Seattle, WA area?
  4. PhileFriendly

Thanks for the response. I have been looking at the recirc system with an eye toward just swapping out the pump (it does look like it is just screwed in, not soldered), and I was also looking at the install manual for Laing pumps, and noticed a note "the pump must always be installed below...
  5. PhileFriendly

Hi- I recently bought a house which has a tankless heater, and is coupled with a recirc pump which isn't working. The system does have a dedicated water line for the recirc pump. Unfortunately the designer of the house put the water heater at absolutely the opposite end of the house from...
  6. PhileFriendly

Can you use a 277V switch on a 120V circuit?

Hi- I happen to have an occupancy sensor/dimmer switch that is rated for 277V, and I'd like to use it for a light on a regular 120V circuit. Would this work? I'm skeptical because the switch (Wattstopper WD-180) only says it is rated at 277V, whereas they do have other models that are rated...
  7. PhileFriendly

Leaking anti-siphon valve?

Hi- One of the anti-siphon valves for my system seems to be leaking. If I shut off the water to the irrigation system altogether then the leak stops, but as soon as I turn it back on I get a slow trickle coming out of the anti-siphon part of the valve continuously. This is a basic Orbit 3/4...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks