Search results

1. ropinheels

Island Dishwasher on its own stack

I have an island with a sink and disposal combo with an AAV for venting. The dishwasher is not able to be connected to the sink dwv. Can I put a dishwasher on its own trap with an AAV, looking something like the attache picture? Would there be any concerns of doing this? No air gap needed...
  2. ropinheels

DWV drop under joist

On a 3" horizontal run, can I use a 22.5 fitting to drop under a floor joist and then correct it with another 22.5? Or is this considered changing from horizontal to verticle? The 22.5 degree slope would only be about 7" long but it will carry a bathroom group and kitchen sink with disposal...
  3. ropinheels

Vent size?

Im in CO using IPC. Can I run this group using one 2" vent? I would just run a separate 2" for the kitchen but I have a roof valley and would need to off set it anyway. Does the WC need a re-vent? I have 19 DFU's in this group, its a new construction ranch with a basement. I appreciate the...
  4. ropinheels

What is this black stuff?

Are you on a well? I am, and I have had iron reducing bacteria produce the same stuff but it affects the line coming in and as a result the whole house. Mine came from the well casing. It might be possible yours is just in the water heater. Im in CO too and just got he black specs never any...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks