Search results

1. Roger Smith

NCB-180e Domestic Space Heating

Hi All - I am trying to add 3 panel radiators to an already installed NCB-180e. The original installer put in a closed loop with an expansion tank and an air vent and let it go at that. The 3 small radiators will only draw less than 2 GPM when all three are open so to prevent short cycling I...
  2. Roger Smith

Stagnant Water in Branch Pipe Going to the Pressure Tank?

Hi All - I am redoing all of the plumbing in an older house. We plan on getting rid of all the galvi and replacing it with either copper or PEX. My question is regarding the 1-1/2" pipe going from the primary system to the pressure tank (we are on a domestic well). The layout of the garage and...
  3. Roger Smith

Best Water Filter for Low amounts of Iron, Magnesium, and Manganese

Thanks much Dittto' - your advice has been most helpful and I have been reading this forum enough to know that you are a thoughtful and highly respected poster. Before I make my final choice I would like to ask one more question that might also be on the minds of a lot of Lay people trying to...
  4. Roger Smith

Sorry about the pics not working... they worked for me when I tested so it must be some kind of authentication issue for you. As for the above quote - I like the part about "very effective" and "least expensive". Ternzer's (original poster) situation sounded pretty close to mine but I have...
  5. Roger Smith

If my photo upload works the above should be pics of the wellhead. Hope it helps [EDIT] The photos do work but you have to right-click on them to open in a new tab.
  6. Roger Smith

I am assuming it is a submerged pump but cant be sure. The house is 40 years old so no telling just how old the pump and the plumbing are.
  7. Roger Smith

Thanks Dittohead. We are in Northern Nevada at 4700 feet. There is a very high water table here so the well is probably shallow. There has also been record precipitation over the past 6 months. Water temperature measured at a faucet close to the pressure tank has been 42 F since we moved in back...
  8. Roger Smith

Dont know how deep the well is as we just moved here but the locals all complain about the high water table and a lot of fields have open water in the low spots most of the year.
  9. Roger Smith

Hi Terry I am looking for a solution that wont cost thousands of dollars to resolve what is mostly an aesthetic issue. We have really dark, almost black, stains in the toilets and porcelain sink bowls, tan-ish staining on the shower glass doors and light brown (Calcium/Lime??) stains on the tile...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks