Search results

1. josephcraw

Poly vs schedule 80 pump vibrating loose

I should add the well is only cased for 70 feet then it is solid rock to 240. Not sure if this makes any difference on this discussion
  2. josephcraw

So the consensus if I can call it that is that schedule 80 is easier for the installer but otherwise has no real advantage over poly as long as a torque arrestor is used. And if I plan on pulling it myself in the future it would be better as long as we avoid cat turds. Thanks again
  3. josephcraw

You are correct about the casing. The well depth is 240. Is that deep enough to rrule out poly? The well installer said 2 people could pull the schedule 80 if pump maintenance was needed. Is that true? I pictured it being easier and involving no real equipment to pull the poly. thanks for the...
  4. josephcraw

I just had a well dug and my driller is pushing me to use schedule 80 pipe. I would prefer to use poly but he's telling me that the pump vibration and startup jerk can cause the fitting to fall out of the end of the pipe. I've spoken to other drillers in my area and while they too prefer 80 they...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks