Search results

1. TNPlumber

a good day--my personal best

Wannabe Looks like someone went to L*wes for a little DWV material. The cellular core pipe gives it away. :eek:
  2. TNPlumber

1/2' compression angle stop on CPVC?

no wait I think the idea is to turn the water on quickly w/o waiting for the glue to cure. I hate to see CPVC when doing service work, in any situation.
  3. TNPlumber

1/2' compression angle stop on CPVC?

Trouble I have seen this on several occasions. I personally would never do it because of the stress on the pipe. Where there brass inserts in the pipe such as with poly ice maker line?
  4. TNPlumber

Hiring Practices/Costs Incurred

hiring Rugged I myself after four plus years of building my business have taken the plunge and hired another plumber. After a month of working with the guy I feel it has been a great decision. I have made considerably more money in the last month then ever before. Prior to hiring the new...
  5. TNPlumber

Bad Vent installation

Metal roofs Metal roofs are becoming very popular here in the south again. They have a great warranty, are easy to install and come in a variety of colors. Because of this, I have to run vents through them on many occasions. Flashing them isn't a problem for even a novice because they sell...
  6. TNPlumber

Small Water Main Valve leak, need help!

Ball Valve If you have the skills then definately go with a ball valve. You could repair what's there but, it looks like a fairly straight forward job. Scott
  7. TNPlumber

Toilet Water Shut Off Valve

dump the old valve Dump your old valve for a new 1/4 turn valve. I wouldn't risk rebuilding it. A new valve will give you piece of mind. Think of it as a valentine's day gift.
  8. TNPlumber

How much would you charge....

Never cut your price. I wouldn't feel bad about it. Some people hate to think about a plumber or any other "blue" collar person making a good living. I can't tell you how many times they compare my prices to a physician. I worked for a landlord several days a week when he first acquired...
  9. TNPlumber

New Sink - PVC Maze Assistance Needed! :)

Aav I agree with Cass, you need to get an AAV, if you shop at a big box store it will probably be called a studor vent. Also try and get that AAV as high as possible above the trap.
  10. TNPlumber

Why not PVC?

Brittle pipe If you have every tried to cut PVC lines after they have been exposed to sunlight, you would see how brittle they become. You have to be careful when using pvc scissors. Many times I use a tubing cutter when I feel it is to brittle.
  11. TNPlumber

Opinions needed on Saniflo toilets

My experience I'll installed three of these systems over the last several years. I've never had any complaints with them. Having said that, If it is possible in anyway, I would always prefer to rough in a bathroom the conventional way. To answer your question, The system only requires a...
  12. TNPlumber

chop saw

thanks I'm a firm believer in quality power tools, which are getting harder to find. I was just seeing what everone else used. Bob's setup is exactly was what i had in mind. Thanks
  13. TNPlumber

chop saw

I'm in the market for a chop saw, anyone have any they like or dislike? I'll be using it primarily for PVC and copper pipe. Residential work only.
  14. TNPlumber

Help! Need odd size brass nipples.

A suggestion They sell brass nipples at supply houses that are already threaded in various sizes, they should have them in stock.
  15. TNPlumber

Another "toilet flange" too high question

Your latest drawing Sorry, but your newest sketch doesn't convey what I was trying to tell you. I would have a pro take a look.
  16. TNPlumber

Inspection Joys......Yeah Right

Never plumbed a bidet I have never plumbed a bidet either. I have worked in two states, in many fine homes but still no bidet. i guess I'll have to live with this shame.
  17. TNPlumber

Inspection Joys......Yeah Right

Isn't Ohio great! Ohio seems to be out of control with taxes and permits. I left there about 11 years ago, but most of my family is still living there. My parents continually have their property tax increased even though their method of taxation was deemed unconstitutional by the state. Now...
  18. TNPlumber

Fernco question

Mixing plastics Although a green colored glue is made to solvent weld abs to pvc, I would avoid it and use a fernco. In most parts of the country, mixing abs with pvc is a code violation. I would definately go with the fernco for peace of mind. Scott
  19. TNPlumber

Another "toilet flange" too high question

You need a vent. Regardless of how it was before, your wc needs to be vented. I'm afraid when you flush the toilet with this set up, you will suck the traps dry on your other bathroom fixtures. Here are my suggestions, not being able to see the whole system. Where your 2" branch line is...
  20. TNPlumber

Checking Electric Water Heater Parts

I'm with MPM I do the same thing Mark. I used to take the time and check them thoughly, but now I just make sure the tank has power coming in on both wires, replace both elements and thermostats, and barring a dip tube failure, that will solve the problem. Scott
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks