Search results

1. Kavita

Odor in bathrooms ... please advise - soon

greetings folks, long time no post - hope all's well with everyone here. we recently moved into a rental house (3 weeks ago). i noticed an odd odor when we moved in, but figured it was just musty odor from forced hot air heat with dirty ducts. the odor hasn't dissipated. it's not the...
  2. Kavita

supreme thanks!

greetings terry and all, want to thank you for your suggestion that we consider a toto supreme as an option for a VERY small bathroom in the house we've finally completed rebuilding. we installed it last spring - the first fixture we installed as we continued work in the...
  3. Kavita

Balsa wood "Anti-flex" floor construction - Aker tub

greetings all, has anyone had experience with the Maax Aker line of tubs using (what they call) 'Balsa wood "Anti-flex" floor construction' ? after researching large capacity no-frills acrylic tubs for probably far too much time, i chose the Maax Aker ACA-3260 tub (essentially the same tub...
  4. Kavita

Small but good quality toilet - suggestions?

good day folks, i'm looking for a lower-profile toilet (smaller-than-average overall size) for an attic bathroom with angled ceilings and small overall footprint. i'd like to know your suggestions for a good quality but smaller-area friendly toilet. i'd prefer a round-bowl, but if the...
  5. Kavita

stained marble sink top - how to clean?

hello again - i've got a very old marble sink top (w/ drop-in enameled iron basin) that's stained over a large area. it's not a surface stain like paint or something superficial - it appears that a substance (perhaps oil or solvent) soaked into the marble over a period of time. i'm...
  6. Kavita

cast iron tub - refinishing exterior - suggestions?

g'morning all - i'm refinishing the exterior of a cast iron clawfoot tub. it appears to have a coat of latex paint on it now, over the primer. the paint is in fairly good condition but i'd like to change the color. there are a very few, small areas where rust pock marks have appeared...
  7. Kavita

cast iiron tub - refinishing exterior - suggestions?

g'morning all - i'm refinishing the exterior of a cast iron clawfoot tub. it appears to have a coat of latex paint on it now, over the primer. the paint is in fairly good condition but i'd like to change the color. there are a very few, small areas where rust pock marks have appeared...
  8. Kavita

Laying tile floor - what is proper subfloor?

greetings folks, best new year's wishes to you all ... i'm going to lay a tile floor in the bathroom. it's about 10' x 10'. the original subfloor is rough-cut 1" x 6" plank (so it's true 1"). i've pulled up the various years-worth of decaying add-on subfloors (lauan, ply, vinyl, etc)...
  9. Kavita

how to 'ground' a gelcoat tub's flimsy quality? also, vikrell question.

greetings all! i'm choosing fixtures for a bathroom, and i'm on a slim expense account. i'm looking at soaking tubs, in both gelcoat and acrylic - just for soaking, not for whirlpool use. would prefer an acrylic tub, but might not want to spend the extra cash on this item. (cast iron...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks